Anxiety Or Pots??

micheller

I'm not sure if this is anxiety or pots but I'll try to explain what happens. I've been trying to work for the last 3 years. I've been accepting easier office jobs. My last job was in the office of a roofing company. I didn't have anything to do until the contractors would bring in job contracts which was rare since it was winter. So I basically got paid to sit and do nothing. While I was in the office, I would get bad symptoms. I felt drained, tired, dizzy, tachy, nausea, cold, shaky for the whole time I was there. It would start on my drive to work. I wouldn't feel anxious, nervous, stressed, anything that would bring on my anxiety. This happens no matter what kind of job I do but it's worse if I'm standing. When I get home I feel better. I could do the same type of things at home that I did at work and not feel as symptomatic at home. It's frustrating because I want to work but after 2 weeks of working my body just can't do it anymore.

This happens to me at school. I don't think it's anxiety because my legs turn purple when it happens too. My doctor told me it was from a mix of sitting in one place for too long and trying to concentrate when I'm not getting enough oxygen to my brain.

This sounds like dysautonomia to me...sorry you are feeling so badly :( Anxiety can be physiological, too, with tachycardia, so it all kind of goes together. :unsure: I'll say a prayer for you!

May be a mix of both. When your nervous system is implicated then it will respond strongly to anything external happening. If I am stressed or anxious then all my symptoms worsen and as they do it makes me more anxious and body-conscious. Body/mind are so strongly linked. Could you work from home?

Thanks for the replies! This is so interesting but yet frustrating at the same time. I will see what my neurologist says and if there's anything I can do about it.

TCP, I've been looking for something to do from home but I haven't found anything legit or that isn't a pyramid scheme. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them! :)