The Hunger Games?

puppylove

Has anyone read the books/ seen the movie? All my friends are going crazy over it but I havent read them or seen it yet. How graphic are they? And how sad? I kind of want to see what all the hubub is about but I hate things that are graphic...

It was very disturbing...but I am easily affected :unsure: My son wanted to see it, so we went with him....There is a scene that was very graphic; lots of death...it bothered me. I wouldn't recommend it.

My daughters and their friends went to see the Hunger Games and they all loved it. They describe it like a normal action movie with graphics and has a love story in it. It has some gory scenes but nothing like the Saw movies according to them. Hope this helps. Good luck with your decision.

Try to keep in mind its not real and its entertainment.

I'll admit since POTS kicked in I have changed a lot of the things I watch. I used to watch very graphic and disturbing movies. House of 1000 Corpses, Saw, etc... Now they are sitting on the shelf and I'd like to get rid of them. I also catch myself watching more cartoons. The Flinstones, Original Bugs Bunny, and a newer cartoon called Regular Show.

I can't watch scary movies or things that cause a lot of emotion - that really affects me and my POTS. I'm a very visual person any way and I take on others emotions - super sensitive - so I don't need to see that one. I'm with Montie - I like comedy or sometimes a good chickee romantic movie and also dancing and singing shows. I get bored easy with the TV and the flickering lights bother me sometimes too. One of my favorite things I've seen recently was a series on Masterpiece Classics called "Downton Abbey". It was like a series set in 18th century old England and it was really good. The first series just ended -can't wait for the 2nd series to start up. I had actually seen the castle in England that it was filmed in. I saw the outside of it - we went with the intention to tour - But, I was having a very bad POTS day and couldn't walk it. But, just seeing the outside and the grounds was so beautiful. I enjoy seeing the show - because I can see what I missed seeing in person.

Issie

A good, clean movie I recently saw was "I Bought a Zoo". It was really cute and based on a true story.

Yes my emotions usually determine what I watch. I still like some action and scary movies but I typically need to be having a good day to watch certain ones. Transformers, Iron Man, Star Wars, or any comic book type movie I can typically tolerate anytime. They arent gory and the fight is good VS evil. .

I think I'm going to skip it- I'm easily affected too. Thanks for the reviews everyone. :) I saw We Bought A Zoo- so cute! :)

OH my Goodness - the three cups of coffee is a horror film in itself. Talking about jumpey.

I don't like horror anything - but, action things I do like - but, have to be doing really good potsey wise or the action and lights will send me into tremors. A lot of visual with me will set me off.

Issie

Normally at the Childrens Hospital where I got my TTT done they let you watch a non scary/ actiony movie during it. But my vitals were so crazy the doctor said he didn't want me to even watch Full House. ;)

That was just during the tilt test. I can handle Full House now lol. :)