Pots And Pregnancy

Doglover

As thankful said there's a lot on here already. I was pregnant with POTS and one of the lucky ones (I was symptom free from conception till 1.5 years postpartum), but some people find it makes their symptoms much worse. So as is so often the case with POTS there's no good clear answer. I'm happy to talk about it more if you want though.

I had two healthy babies with undiagnosed POTS. With my first child I was on bed rest and induced early because I had high blood pressure. ( Now we know I have hyper pots). Unlike people with high blood pressure during pregnancy, my BP did not come down after I gave birth. My oldest is 13. I wish you well and would just like to add, i think it is a great benefit to know you have pots. I had no idea what was wrong with me.

I had both my kids (now 4 and 7 months) with POTS/Dysautonomia. First went wonderfully, second had me in the hospital 9 months (aka, went BADLY). Still recovering. Feel free to PM me anytime :) I have a load of journal articles regarding this as well if you'd like them.

Claire

• 1 month later...

I have been extremely sick with this pregnancy. They put me on propranolol back in January when I was first diagnosed with POTS, but since I got pregnant in March, it seems like it has been making some of my symptoms worse. I'm going to stop the propranolol and my doctor wants me to start taking lexapro. Did you try any antidepressants while pregnant and if so, which one(s) did you find helped you? Also, did you find any other medications that helped you during your pregnancy? Also, I would like to read some of the articles you said helped you with your pregnancy. I hope you are feeling better and your family is doing well.

For me, pregnancy made me almost 100% symptom free, once morning sickness was over with (my last 2, I had extreme fatigue in the beginning, so bad I was too weak to even sit up and I went to the ER both times and nothing was found, but may have not been POTS... I can't be sure.). I think due to the increased blood flow during pregnancy is what helped me along. I got really bad after having my last baby 4mos. ago, though. Just barely starting to have some decent days here and there. With having said that, I do want to add that I have not officially been diagnosed, but I am pretty certain I have POTS with my symptoms, and my recent TTT showed around 124bpm the entire 20mins I was upright.