Well That Went Terrible Part Ii

Should say Part II. Anyway, I did the NJ-Florida trip. Not good. I was so dizzy the first 4 days there and then had to leave 2 days later, drive back and then recover from that. My husband did all the driving, but it didn't matter. Could have taken a 2 hour plane trip vs. 20 hours in the car and felt just as bad (or maybe less bad). It was just too much. It was nice to see my family, but I didn't really enjoy it because I felt so awful. Well, now I know! I'm not pushing anymore - I'm just going to tell people what I can and can't do and hope they understand. The end. :D

You should be proud you did it! Sorry you felt so bad though. As you know I can sooo relate. ;)

I'm so sorry it made you feel bad, but I bet there was a small part of you glad to just see something different! I am in FL right now, and I walked from the car to the beach(maybe a 30 ft. walk) and sat to enjoy the ocean view. It was so uplifting to see something other than my own house. I hope you recover quickly. I have already hit the point where I tell my family I cannot do something, like a holiday meal. Some I can, most I cannot due to heat, etc. The situation has to almost be perfect, as everyone knows, we are so "high maintenance" needing just the right temp, the right chair or recliner, no stress, etc.

Yes, I admit the change of scene was good and there were moments of enjoyment, but I was just so darn spaced out in my head. I don't understand why being a passenger in a car would have made things so much worse. Maybe it was the incredibly stinky hotel room we stayed in in South Carolina on the way down, or maybe the motion of the car, or my eyes starting out a window all those hours with things flying by head. I did this drive several times before developing POTS and was prefectly fine, had fun with it. You're right Sue about "high maintenance" with this condition - my surroundings/environment have to be perfectly adjusted or I feel worse. Hard to do when you're not at home - at the same, I get cabin fever and just want to get OUT of my house. Can't they find a cure already....

Ugh! I can totally relate. I hate getting told about how grateful I should be because I'm functional enough to get out and do things! I don't go and do things I enjoy because I don't have the support there (because I'm not sick enough) to help keep things "more ideal" and allow me to enjoy them. Sure, I technically could probably go to a museum, but I don't SEE anything. I walk around sick, trying to keep from falling down or puking, I sway and I have tunnel vision and my brain sits there and screams "zombie zombie zombie-- PAIN PAIN PAIN". I don't enjoy things and it has nothing to do with my mindset-- I'm getting very little sensory input through the fog of low BP and have the "extreme discomfort and danger" siren going off in the forefront the whole time.

I'm literally out of my head, not experiencing the things I see and feel and I am not likely to have memories of them either . . . but because I am physically present going through the motions or seem fine others don't seem to get it.

Sure, I technically could probably go to a museum, but I don't SEE anything. I walk around sick, trying to keep from falling down or puking, I sway and I have tunnel vision and my brain sits there and screams "zombie zombie zombie-- PAIN PAIN PAIN". I don't enjoy things and it has nothing to do with my mindset-- I'm getting very little sensory input through the fog of low BP and have the "extreme discomfort and danger" siren going off in the forefront the whole time.

I'm literally out of my head, not experiencing the things I see and feel and I am not likely to have memories of them either . . . but because I am physically present going through the motions or seem fine others don't seem to get it.

Yes, excellent description!

I get motion sick, too :( but I still go, because of the change in scenery. Sue...glad you had some time to spend at the beach. I love the gulf♥ My mom lives in Panama City. I used to go all the time, but I can't drive all that way anymore, so I have to wait for my husband to drive me. Hopefully, this summer :)