Part 2: Dysautonomia Breathing Related Issues And Treatments

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No I would definitely taper down the Clonidine if I were inclined in that direction. It has been so helpful though in reducing jitteriness/tremor I can't imagine life without it. I'm hoping for a shot at trying Florinef in the not too distant future now that my pressure is tending toward lower numbers.

Janet

Ive used doxepine (seroquel) and ive used klonapin.

The seroquel definitely seems to slow me way down and im going off it. I only used it 2/3 times a week.

Klonapin seems to HELP breathing problems, not sure why, but it must be the anti anxiety aspect or the binding

to histamine??? or just the calming of the central nervous system?

I dont really know but i have sleep apnea, and while it may technically worsen the possibility of central apnea events,

its pretty much the only med that works when i have a bad episodic apneatic event in the night and i feel like ive

been injected with pure adrenaline.

Its probably a catch 22 in my condition, obviously id love to go off all meds, but with chronic illness its always a

balancing act.

Spinner I definitely think that for part of our breathing problems there is a central nervous system/brain component. It hasn't been studied at all ever. But meds like klonapin, SSRI, even adderal I believe work because they helping in this area. Xanax hasn't helped me and I haven't tried other anti anxiety meds yet, but something that helps me completely with breathing issues and talking to someone, listening to talk radio in the car, searching the internet and watching tv. If I watch TV while I clean or cook my breathing problems are delayed by more than double the time. It's like whatever triggers the breathing problem is distracted for the moment. Reading doesn't seem to work and can actually exacerbate it. At the same time usually anxious situation hardly ever trigger problems unless it is really really bad and makes my heart pound. But the main triggers are all heat or exertion induced.

• 1 month later...