Naturopathic Doctor

Hey Guys. So my mom's friend Amy, just told my mom about this neuropathic doctor her daughter just recently starting seeing. Her daugher is 16 so the doctor she sees treats pediatric patinets through adults. Amy told us that the doctor is really good, and spent over an hour with her daughter. I am despearate for alternative ways to cope with my POTS but am also iffy on the idea of going to a neuropathic doctor. I did go to a pediatric integrative doctor a couple months back.... is that the same kind of doctor? Has anyone on here seen a Neuropathic Doctor? Experiences? What was it like? Any info would be much appreciated. My mom is pretty serious about taking me to this doctor so I am a bit nervous on what to exepct if I do go. And also I don't want to go if it wouldn't be worth it. I don't want the doctor to tell me what to do and so forth (example: tell me to stop taking meds that are working for me, trying to tell my mom to take me off the IV saline that works magice for me). I mainly want to go there to get pain relief.

Thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy year :)

Hugs :wub:

I was wondering what a neuropathic doctor was ... lol ..

Naturopathic doctors look for causes of symptoms and natural ways to treat their patients. Meaning diet, supplements, etc. Providing the body with nutrients so it can function as designed are key to this methodology. Googling all the different nutrients our bodies need helped me understand this. It's

amazing how they all interact without us knowing it.

Symptoms are our body's way of telling us something isn't right and shouldn't be ignored or masked.

I've been seeing an integrative (both traditional md and naturopathic ) doctor for 3 years now and she's helped me tremendously. I was tested and treated for nutritional deficiencies, bad gut bacteria, parasites, food intolerances,

hormones, and things I'll never understand but my doctor did.

I have a long history of gut and brain damage that may be permanent now so at 56, I'd give anything to have learned about health when I was younger. But I'm thrilled with all the healing I have done over the last 6 - 7 years. : ) .. I just started juicing veggies last month so I'm hoping the additional nutrients will help.

Change can be frightening butat 18, you've got a lifetime of changes ahead of you. I can't guarantee your new doctor can fix your dysautonomia but you won't know until you try it. It might help if you try to think of this as an adventure. You can always google whatever this doc recommends.

Tc .. D

I have been to one before and it did help a little. She actually ended up being right when she said she could tell I had an adrenal problem before any of my other doctors even mentioned anything like that. I'm sure she would have probably been able to help me more, but our insurance no longer covers it. I hope it helps you too!!

I have a doctor I see that is both a naturopathic doctor and a nurse practioner. He really tries to get to the underlying problems instead of trying random drugs, so I like that aspect a lot. So far I've just been prescribed supplements by him, but he can also prescribe meds if it's indicated. In my experience, and from what I've heard most NDs are like that, and are great at LISTENING to the patient, even when there's 50 symptoms or whatever, instead of shutting down and chasing patients out of the office like some MDs are wont to do.

Working with my naturopathic doctor has been a great experience. Dizzy's explanation was great. They do try to find out the underlying causes and work on those, or at least give your body the internal support it needs to heal itself from the inside out. Just remember that when working on things naturally it takes time. If you are looking for the kind of immediate results that "drugs" can give, then you may be dissappointed. The journey can be long, but the long term results are what's most important. Also, be honest and up front with the ND about your concerns and questions. There are always some out there that are a scam, but for the most part they are really there to listen and help (just fyi - my first few visits, my ND spent two hours listening and asking questions). I hope you have a good experience.

• 9 years later...

Naturopathic doctors are educated and trained in accredited naturopathic medical colleges. They diagnose, prevent, and treat acute and chronic illness to restore and establish optimal health by supporting the person's inherent self-healing process. Rather than just suppressing symptoms, naturopathic doctors work to identify underlying causes of illness, and develop personalized treatment plans to address them. Their Therapeutic Orderâ„¢, identifies the natural order in which all therapies should be applied to provide the greatest benefit with the least potential for damage. .