Ssd Review

jlmahon

I've been receiving Social Security Disability benefits for about 8 years. I just received notice that I'm under review, and have to complete a 10 page form. I worried because when I received disability, it was for lupus, panic disorder, and depressive disorder. While my symptoms are still the same, I'm worried because the names of my diagnoses are changed (now small fiber neuropathy, neurocardiogenic syncope, inflammatory arthritis, intestinal dysmotility). Another issue is my husband and I are attempting fertility treatments, and that is documented by most of my docs. I'm worried they will say if I can have a baby I can work. Has anyone here been under review? How did you handle the questions "describe your typical day," and detail the activities of daily living (walking, standing, bathing, chores, etc.)? I feel like some of these questions are traps, and I', supposed to have the forms back in a week. UGH!!!!

I was just under review but mine didn't have that many pages. And didn't ask many questions. They mostly wanted me to send them dates of all my dr appts and mediciations. I remember i had some questions about some of the stuff, and called them and they were nice and explained what they needed. That was in march, and i still got my disability payment for this month, so i'm assuming everything is okay.

Just add on the new diagnoses. You don't have to address what you were initially given the disability for just say the symptoms remain and include the new diagnoses. I think if you are very detailed they might not even contact your doctors. If you are seeing someone separate for infertility I wouldn't even list that doctor. If for some reason that becomes an issue you might need to document the supports that would be in place to allow you to parent and how the daily routines at home might be managed but not the demands and structure of work. It probably won't be an issue. If you feel comfortable with your doctor you might want to explain that this review has come up and concerns about including records about fertility treatments.