Does anybody experience eye problems?

Goblin

Hello again. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any eye/vision problems. A while back, I used to feel like I was getting a little bit of tunnel vision. In the past couple of weeks, my eyes have been very dry, no matter what I do. I also see some spots sometimes. I don't know if this is related at all, just curious. I would appreciate any information that anyone has. Thank you and everyone take care!! -Stacey

Stacey-

Eye problems can certainly be related to POTS. I've heard others complain of seeing spots (which I believe is caused by lack of oxygen to the brain, when the blood pools in your legs). My eyes also get very dry alternated with blurry/watery at times. I wear contact lenses, so I've always attributed it to that. Although more and more, I am finding that all the little health distrubances I've had over the years tend to relate back to the POTS in some way!! I think what you're describing is very normal:

http://www.potsplace.com/symptoms.htm

Blurred & tunnel vision are both on the symptom list = )

Hi!

I have also experienced eye problems. I loose my eye site sometimes, and everything goes back, and I have also experienced alot of pressure behind my eyes, or blurred vision, and blood shot eyes. It is diffently related to Pots!

Thanks for the replies!! Jessica, I also had a lot of problems with dry eyes while wearing contacts. I tried wearing glasses but still had problems. I think this definutely relates to POTS. Thanks guys. I feel better knowing that I am not alone in this. I also have bloodshot eyes. The thing that scared me the most happened a couple of weeks ago. I was out at a restaurant with my boyfriend, and out of no where, I saw a patch of wavy lines. It my vision darkened over the course of about ten minutes to the point where I could barely see. I was getting all kinds of halos off of everything around me. Anyways, it went away in about twenty minutes. I was scared to death!! I then woke up later that night with the worst headache of my life. I called my cardiologist and he said it sounded like migraines. A couple of days later, I had the same vision problem, but it only lasted for about five minutes. This time, there was no headache. This is a new thing for me and very scary- does anyone have any experience with this? Sorry if my writing is kind of choppy. I just got back from an eight hour day of work, and as you all know, that is no easy feat. Well, if anyone has any info for me, please let me know. Take care all :D -Stacey

I often get blurred vision, and I have a problem with a lot of visual stimulation (bright lights, blinking, a lot of activity). Often I find that my vision gets blurred after I eat something sugary. I know this can be related to diabetes, but my last glucose test was normal. Also, I have been getting more headaches and just a very tired feeling in my eyes.

I often get blurred vision and it can last a few hours or days. I have this other problem which I describe as looking through (clear) gelatin. Everything is wavy and jiggly like jello! It is a very weird feeling. Also, I cannot tolerate flourescent lighting at all and this will bring on vision problems immediately, particularly the "jello wavy effect". Too much time on the PC or TV bring on problems and when this happens I can't do any reading for several days. I have learned that I must use my eyes for these things and reading in small sessions.