Burning Sensation Lexapro

Okay :)

So, I have noticed in the past few days that my hands and inside my chest burn the morning after takin my lexapro. Is this common or is this a sign of an allergic reaction? It typically goes away as the day progresses. I don't want to discontinue the lexapro so if any of you have any ideas or know if this is common and will go away with time, please let me know :)

Mandy

Mandi, the burning is not from lexapro, it's adrenaline. I use to experience the same thing. lexapro and metoprolol has helped with the burning. i still get the burning, but not as often. don't drink caffeine, eat any foods with msg's or anything foods or drinks containing artifical sugar. The burning is very scary. Give lexapro a chance. I would be deathly ill without it.

Mandy, I got it too with Effexor (and get it when I increase doses) and with Florinef....now I know what it was! Mine always calmed down after about a week. Know you are in the thick of it -- hang in there girl because SSRIs can be helpful. That being said, I now know that my doc always increased my doses too fast (i.e. she would throw me on .1 florinef from nothing), and that the unpleasant adrenaline surge was a clue....so check with your doc about your dosing and / or increase of doses. As someone once posted on this forum, there are a lot of us that do well on "pediatric" doses of medication -- so for example the dose of Effexor I do best on is 75 mg, but the typical dose is twice that (150 mg).