Return Of The Yellow Wiggle

I follow Greg Page on Facebook and thought I'd share his most recent status update:

Hi Everyone,I have seen some posts from people with POTS/Dysautonomia. I am very glad that my own story may have helped ins one way bring some attention to this relatively unknown disorder. Awareness, understanding and research is constantly improving, so hang in there! For me, I am so thrilled thy not only have my personal circumstances improved to the point where I no longer needed medication, but also to the point where I am able to do shows with the Wiggles once more. The shows are very physically demanding- there is no doubt about that- but this time around I am aware of the disorder that I have and how to manage it, so I am not expecting there will be any issues. I've seen my doctor already and she is pleased that I am handling things very well. So, for those out there suffering with POTS or similar disorders- hang in there- it is possible for life to return to normal or close to it and you will be YOU again even if you don't feel it now! For some more info, check out DYNAinc.org.

I've been a bit obsessed with his return to performing since my girls loved the Wiggles when they were small, and now his recovery has been an encouragement to them!

You can just go to FB and search "Greg Page".

He mentions that he "no longer needs medication now" - so clearly meds were a part of his recovery. He's also mentioned that it's not a curable condition and will be with him the rest of his life, but he's learned to manage his symptoms. So he has not just randomly improved.

I don't believe he's ever said he had POTS; I think he's always referred to it as Orthostatic Intolerance. Since there are 3 categories of OI, of which POTS is one (according to ndrf) he may not have POTS in particular. But he clearly has some form of Dysautonomia and the symptoms I've seen him list in other articles are very similar to ones I have experienced with POTS.

Hmm I am encouraged to read stories like this, but they also confuse me too. I always want more details on how someone got better. I don't really understand how a person could just come completely off of meds and be fine... That just doesn't make any sense to me especially if they have dysautonomia. I'm not on medication for my POTS atm (my choice) and I can live, but I'm still too sick to be considered normal and can't hold a job. That's a far cry from being able to perform in a band.. haha

Regardless of how or why he is better, I am very happy for Greg! :) Consider me jealous!

As far as I am aware he just randomly improved after about five years. I dont think he actually has POTS.

Rama, I meant to PM you this. I read that he actually got better with the help of doctors at the hospital where his foundation raises money for. http://www.bakeridi.edu.au/support/greg_page_fund/ I was going to send this to you in hopes you live near by... But knowing you, you already know about it ;)

I found the name of his doctor and I might try to email her for some answers, not on him but in general. It says in the article I posted he had shortness of breath too but in all of his TV interviews I've seen and in his People Magazine interview he just says he had tons of fatigue after shows that he wouldn't want to talk to anyone after them and he also felt dizzy a lot and that the final straw to quit was he fainted while talking to a 5 year old fan. He said he didn't want to faint on stage and scare all the kids.

I saw a knew promo video he did were he is dancing and wow I wish I could do all that without symptoms. Really really wish he said what helped him...