Blood Pressure Variation

Blood pressure changes (namely systolic)  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My blood pressure ranges a lot i.e. greater than 25/20 points a day (i.e. 117/67 to 144/90). I was curious if any other people with POTS have a wide range of blood pressure variability too? If so, have you gotten an explanation or diagnosis for the wide blood pressure ranges? Was it explained/diagnosed as being due to your POTS?

I've been told that it's highly possible that my bp variations are due to POTS itself, or to the combo of meds I'm taking (florinef, mestinon, and propranolol). For now I'm just keeping track of my bp during the day and I'm hoping for more answers during my next dr appointment.

I've been tested for a pheochromocytoma and the test came back negative, so at least I don't have my adrenal glands to blame for this.

great idea to start a poll on this, as I'm guessing a lot of us have to deal with this issue

Alex

Good Questions. Interesting that all 3 answers are the same for all 3 of us so far!

Actually, I hadn't voted yet - mines in the higher swing range. Even though I put 30-40 it's more than that on my systolic. Everyday is different. These are just the extremes for me. On a more average day, around a 30 point swing is my normal.

Issie

forevertired,

I answered this on another thread - I didn't see this until I had already posted it. So, if you like I put what my bp's do and you could respond here - since this is where this subject should be any way.

Issie

What thread did you post this in?

Warm Bath.