Urine Output

sue1234

Urine output  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well before DX of POTS and Dysauto and before Florinef when they thought I had diabetes insipidus my outpout was anywhere from 6500 to 7800 in 24 hours. I drank a lot, but rarely that much, I put out more than I took in. I filled up 3 containers once.

About 6 months into Florinef my drinking and peeing got less, I wasn't constantly thirsty.

Now my outpout is between 3500 and 5000 and I usually don't take in that much.

I'm guilty of not drinking enough now.

However my urine has almost always been clear.

In fact when I had my hysterectomy in June of 2011 my surgeon had told me how much to drink and I had to do Go-Litely, he said properly hydrated people deal better after surgery with everything.

The first thing he told my Mom after surgery was that I was the first person in YEARS whose urine in the cath bag was CLEAR which is how it should be and how he knows if someone has hydrated correctly.

When I woke up I got high praise for knowing how to hydrate correctly. Strange thing to be proud of I'm sure.

I take in about half what I put out, unless medicated. I can lose 8lbs in a day and it is always clear and of low osmolality. I have been diagnosed with partial diabetes insipidus. If your first morning urine is clear, that is a big tell...but with DI there is no such thing as a "first" unless you count the midnight, 2 am, 4 am, and 6 am trips to the toilet!

My 24 hour output was over 6,000 ml. I definitely dont take in that much, but no doctor will do the test for diabetes insipidus because I answer "no" to "do you wake up at night to pee". Even when I explain myself and tell them that my bladder holds about 3 times what it should and that I wake up in pain b/c I have to pee so bad--they still tell me I dont have diabetes insipidus. I would love to try vasopressin just to see... I have a feeling it would help me more than anything else!!

i am diagnosed POTS and central DI, both diagnosed at the sameish time. Central DI diagnosed by dehydration test.

I have stopped taking DDAVP for 3 weeks and was fine until today. Osmoality was very high, but today had a little more salt than usual and lost loads of urine.

what is the deal with salt sensitivity, even when on DDAVP when i have what some would call a normal amount of salt my body just over rides the DDAVP and i have to urinate BIG TIME!

looking in to sulfite sensitivity tyeing in with my MCAD but i don't know how one can be allergic to salt even with mcad.

feeling uber frustrated