Sedation Vs General Anesthesia

I'm going to have a sinus surgery done soon, and much to my dismay, my doctor is saying I can't have it done with local anesthesia only like last time, with a more minor surgery. So, I have the option of doing either general anesthesia with local anesthesia or sedation with local anesthesia. I would be using a different doctor for either one, and the doctors are really skilled at doing the surgery with both of these options, so it's really just a question of what would be easiest on my body. Any opinions?

I have had both done. I would see if you can talk to the anesthesiologist about it--they have a wealth of info, and it will give you a good idea of if the one you are going to use is familiar with POTS or not.

One thing I did do each time was tell them that I absolutely need EXTRA fluid. I specifically said to them that once they think they are giving me enough fluid--hang another bag. Also fluids after you come out of anesthesia are very important--not only to help with your low BP, but to clear it out of you faster as well.

I just had surgery this past Friday and was put under general it went just fine the anesthesiologist knew my concerns I also did a stress test prior to make sure my heart was strong enough, and they decided to use all high risk meds to prevent unnecessary complications. One really weird thing now is my B/P is staying low and my heart rate is not going past 100 standing and resting has been between 60-75 and my pooling isn't as visible.Good luck to you:)

Thanks for the input! I went to the dr who would do the surgery under sedation with local anesthesia yesterday. By the end of the visit, he decided he would try the septoplasty with local anesthesia and Afrin instead of epinephrine. I had a balloon sinuplasty and fracture of turbinates done under local anesthesia only and it wasn't too bad. He doesn't think this will be any worse and could be a little easier because he would be using a much stronger anesthetic. Unfortunately, today I went to my immunologist and she wants me to postpone the surgery several months now until I have done some IVIG treatments :( I'm a little frustrated, I just want to get this surgery over with!