New Angiotension Research Article For The Brainiacs :)

"Harrison and his colleagues had previously shown that T cells are needed for the increase in blood pressure coming from high dietary salt or the hormone angiotensin, which regulates blood pressure, and continue to investigate the role of T cells in high blood pressure.

Several studies in animals have suggested that medications now used to control blood pressure, such as angiotensin receptor blockers or ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitors, may also be helpful in the reduction of stress and anxiety, Marvar says."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120305103203.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Latest+Science+News%29

Thought I'd pass this on - I've been following your discussions on ACE type topics. Very interesting.

-Claire

Interesting article!! So again, we are back to possible connections to auto-immune. It would be interesting to see what the study shows in regards to ACE and their response to PTSD and anxiety. Since some of us have a constant "flight or flight" response going on in our bodies with high noriepi levels. I've tried an ARB but not an ACE. Maybe, something to ask about.

Thanks for the post.

Issie

ACE gave me angioedema, so be careful!! I also have a lot of allergies and asthma, too. I'm on Losartan, which is an Angiotension Receptor Antagonist, and have done fine with this for years, even when Micardis was the only brand for it. Probably about 10 years maybe. :)

I tried Lorsarten and it was not at all good for me. It made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Pains down my arms, in my chest and into my jaw. Don't know what it was doing but, I physically felt terrible on it - and with the pains - it wasn't the right one for me. Shows how, what is great for one - is not so great for another.

I read an article and think it got posted about ACE helping with EDS and autoantibodies to angiotension 2. There is a connection with research in that direction also. It's in one of jangle's post. It was suggested that an ACE was the direction to go because it didn't increase potassium and in those with the autoantibodies - they didn't need potassium to increase. (It's been a little while back, so not remembering all the details about it.) An ARB does increase potassium and also lowers angiotension and ups NO. Maybe, someone who doesn't have brain fog, today, can fill in the details.

Issie