My Tachycardia Is Almost Gone

Hey all. Since I have had pots, I have tried to stay as active as possible. In the past 2-3 months I have been slowly increasing this activity. This has done wonders for me, and my tachycardia is almost gone. I haven't hit over 100 inappropriately for the past month. However, I am more fatigued, which is kind of a nice change to being wound up on adrenaline all the time. So more fatigue, less tachy. I prefer the fatigue, so I would call this a success :)

happy you're having success lemons! how do you recover from the fatigue?

before octreotide i had very much trouble recovering from fatigue, it took days to weeks and sometimes months to get back to my baseline. now that i'm on octreotide i can recover much quicker which feels sooooooo good! i still have limitations (re exercizing and recovering from it) but am happy with what i have and am determined to hold on to!

Jangle, it depends. Not usually. When I am laying down it is in the 70's. When I am sitting and standing in the 80's. Rama is right though, there are still all the other weirdo symptoms with pots. But to me the most troubling/uncomfortable was the tachy and adrenaline surges. I still get lightheaded from time to time when I am up and moving around but it is momentary and tends to resolve almost as quickly as it began. I think there are multiple reasons I am feeling better. First, I think I am on a good medication cocktail for my body. Second, I am anal about my pots lifestyle choices as far as water, diet, using compression when needed and exercise are concerned. However, I think the thing that has made the greatest difference is my own state of mind. I am staying calm if something happens rather than panicking. This took a lot of practice and time to see results from and no therapist, pain killers, high levels of ssri, or ativan could control this for me--however, I do believe that the celexa I take has helped me overcome this.

You have hit the nail on the head! Stress 'feeds' this illness in a way. Im not sure how and ive heard many theories but making a conscious effort to let go, relax as best you can and not buy into stress makes a massive difference at least for me.

Driving is important for feelings of control and stuff I think. When I couldnt drive recently (the first time with POTS, previouslyt I had just pushed through and endangered my life for better or worse) it was very frustrating.