Septoplasty

I know a lot of you have problems with allergies and sinus issues, has anyone had a septoplasty done before? I have tried everything to avoid one. I did chemical cauterizations on my turbinates, tons of different meds, air purifier, neti pot, and recently a balloon sinuplasty of my left maxillary sinus and outfracture of both my inferior nasal turbinates. I had some improvement from the last sinus surgery, but I'm still struggling with infections. I have a severely deviated septum (which is why I couldn't get the balloon sinuplasty on the right side) which touches the side of my nose. I have been told for years that I'll eventually have to have surgery for it, but now even my ep-cardio is saying I need to get the surgery as infections make POTS flare worse.

So, my ENT only does the surgery under general anesthesia with Epinephrine and cocaine both of which make my heart rate go up really high. He referred me to another ENT who does the surgery under local anesthesia with light sedation. I'm not sure if he uses epinephrine or not, but I plan to ask him before my appointment to talk with him. I have to choose between these two doctors, so I'm wondering if anyone knows which is easier on POTS patients, general anesthesia or sedation. I did the balloon sinuplasty and outfracture of turbinates with a local anesthetic through a nasal spray, so I was wide awake through the procedure and I did fine (except for the recovery for the next couple of days.. that wigged out my POTS). I kind of wish they could just do this surgery with local anesthesia only, but I know they won't :(