Carbon Monoxide And Pots Flare Trigger

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, a definite flare. I just recently did some research on snorkeling. Because the last two times I went, I got a major attack in the water and came out hyperventilating with severe tacky and couldn't catch my breath. I found out that when you snorkel depending on the snorkel there is a thing called dead space and carbon monoxide stays in that space and you re-breath it. The hyperventilating thing was to expel the carbon monoxide that had built up too much in me. Once I got control of the breathing and slowed it down and got the oxygen back to normal - I was okay. But, was very, very weak. The tacky and lack of O2 caused a severe POTS flare. I couldn't even pull off my rash guard - too weak. So, I would say for sure it causes a problem.

Now, I want to find out if swimming in salt water causes your blood pressure to go up. I know swimming itself can cause this, but just wondering if the addition of salt to someone who already has higher bp's would cause an increase in this and contribute to a POTS flare in the water.

Issie

I definitely notice this, especially in states where there are no car emissions inspections and I get behind a 'beater'. For some reason poorly-tuned gas cars seem to be worse for me than diesels.