Surgery

Hey guys. So I got my chest port surgery on Friday. I am still in quite a big of pain. Mom called in to the doc to see if this burning/stinging pain is normal...were waiting for a call back. Anyone else got this surger , how long did it take for recover? Jus wanted to give u guys a update. cnt type much sorry it hurts to bad. :(

Thanks.

Kayla,

Did you have a chest x ray after the procedure? Do you know what kind of port you have? Is it a mediport, where it is buried under your skin and needs to have a needle inserted in order to use it? Is it burning/stinging all the time or only when fluids are being inserted?

((hugs))

Lyn

Hey. It is a smart port. I did they made sure everything worked before letting me go home. I spoke to them yesterday and the resident said if I do not better by tomm then call. They were thinking about putting the pain meds through an IV and admitting me but the infection and risks of that dont outway the benefits. I actually feel lots better then I have so thank god I dont think I will have to call them again tomm. I think i am finally recovering . .. I havent got it accessed yet I do on friday. so will see how that goes. Thanks.