Different Types Of Hr Irregularities Causing Chest Pressure/pain

E246

Have now figured out that I get a few different types of disturbances of my HR:

• SVT - hr jumps suddenly 180-220 bpm and i have terrible chest pain and pressure afterwards, sometimes for hours.
  • Surges - feel like they are adrenaline driven and hr climbs steadily up. Sometimes they are short 20 beat increases and go up and down despite sitting still or when they are bad 120bpm is normal for me but can be 170bpm. I feel very ill while they are happening.
  • Lost all power - Suddenly feel weak / faint - assume bp has dropped - and hr climbs steadily up over 100. This has happened as a reaction to medication and it happened tonight after a sip of wine. Leaves me with sore chest and pressure.
  • Slow hr - can be uncomfortable and cause chest pain.
  • Irregular HR - no real symptoms but can feel odd.
  • Exercise -HR increase with exercise or climbing stairs 140bpm - although this is faster than normal it does not cause pain afterwards.

I would post as a poll but can't work out how to do it.

Would be really interested to know if anyone else experiences any of these or all of these.

I get most of these... Also I get one with anxiety where it's around 120 and I'm nauseous, short of breath, and dizzy.

Thanks Puppylove,

Do you get pain after an SVT. Not sure whether this is a normal response to one but I do and it lasts for hours.

I have heart rhythm irregularities, but my 24 hour holter monitor did not pick them up since I had it after I was put on a Beta Blocker, but they are back. I have a Mitral Valve Prolapse, I've had heart rates as high as 190's while exercising, but normally now it runs 70's-105 resting , not counting surges or exercising, since on the BB. There is another post on chest/pain and pressure, that a good many of us have described our discomfort, so you may want to check it out :). Mine can be severe at times, or feel like pressure, but I also get short of breath, too, shaky, nauseated and weak with blood pooling, too! If your heart rate goes any lower than 50, I would talk to your doctor.

Thanks Kim,

Just seem to be back in same position as a few months ago and looking for back up.

I keep having the same problem of being put on drugs and then being tested which of course turns out negative - then it looks like you are neurotic - which I am not.

I keep banging on about this and without doubt was involved in earlier posts but it was the chest pain that followed the svt's that was horrible but made me curious to see if i was alone.

I have made a separate post specifically about this now.

Curious about your MVP - how was this diagnosed? I have read a bit about it in my search for answers and can't quite understand it but it is strongly connected with dysautonomia.