This Is Going To Sound Weird, But What About Pots Isn't?

Since i have had pots, i have had an incredibly tough time focusing on anything. Even simple to understand concepts such as t.v. are sometimes hard to concentrate on and derive any meaning from. I am trying to pick up the pieces that pots has made my life, and start up where i left off. One of these markers is finishing my degree. I have only 1/2 half of a quarter left which includes a math course. I have been dreading this math. I figure, if there is no way i can focus on t.v., how am i ever going to be able to do the complex reasoning and critical analysis consistent with math studies? So, i sat down to do my math today, and at first, it was like reading gibberish. I could not get the ideas, i could not conceptualize them. Then, somewhere about 1 hour in, i came back to find myself deeply enthralled in the subject. I realized that not only had i focused on something for more than an hour (hooray!) but also that i was actually learning and understanding the content. Also, during that time, there was no place for pots in my mind. It was almost meditative. Like my brain was entertained enough by the problem solving to stay conscious but i was zoned out enough to keep the symptoms of pots out of my awareness. I left and went to math land :) it's the best place i have been in almost 2 years. Plus i made progress on one of my big goals. Even more surprising, i feel like i really burned off some stress, and my pulse went down by the 15 bpm it has been up at all day, and is staying down.

This has happened to me!!!! That exact thing- during my homebound classes. Unfortunately though it only lasts about an hour and a half but my home bound classes are two and a half hours. I'm so completely focused and trying to understand what my teachers are telling me I forget about my symptoms. It's times like this when I still worry that this could all be in my head- but eventually around the two hour mark my legs turn purple and I need a salty snack :) so I know it's not. It's really interesting though- wonder why it happens?

That is great, Lemons! Very exciting! I can't explain the concentration thing-interesting though. Good luck with completing the degree! Mine took me 12 years to complete (between moves, transferring courses to new schools, etc) and I worked full time while doing it, but it was a huge goal realized when I was finally done.

I have terrible concentration problems - I often wonder if they correspond to times when there isn't enough blood and therefore oxygen in my brain(?) If I'm "wound up" b/c I'm anxious about getting something done, I can concentrate quite well, but only for a limited time, and afterwards I feel very depleted. It's almost like the only way I can achieve anything is if I'm in a state of heightened anxiety --- but then the anxiety and activity takes its toll and I'm worse off than before.

I have terrible concentration problems - I often wonder if they correspond to times when there isn't enough blood and therefore oxygen in my brain(?) If I'm "wound up" b/c I'm anxious about getting something done, I can concentrate quite well, but only for a limited time, and afterwards I feel very depleted. It's almost like the only way I can achieve anything is if I'm in a state of heightened anxiety --- but then the anxiety and activity takes its toll and I'm worse off than before.

Thats because you are using up adrenaline which raises your bp. After the adrenaline is gone, your bp drops and you are worse off .

Puppylove, Last year my son often had his homebound classes while laying on the couch. Can the teacher come more often for less time. My son's came everyday for an hour. Make sure that it isn't the convienience of the the homebound teacher that is having her use up your precious state allowed time. Keep track of the time she is there, also.