Advice For Allergen Free Vitamins, Plz?

aunie

I know a lot of you have played the supplement game and I have been reading some of the threads out there, but my question is, Which brand of vitamins is best? Here is my prob, I am allergic to so many things and do not tolerate preservatives or dyes. I am only eating like five or six different foods and I really need a multi-vitmain, but I am really scared to try any. I am also having a hard time finding a good quality allergen free vitamin. I was hoping you guys could give me some recommendations. I would like at least to try the allergen free ones and see if there is one I can possibly tolerate, I really need it. My immune system has seen better days and I am on a mission to get it up and going :) So any tidbit would help. I am having issues with wheat, corn, dairy, soy and all the other ones.

It's really hard to find a Multi vitamin that you won't react too, when there are many types of allergies. I have the same problem. I've never found one that I can tolerate. So, that makes me have to pick and choose what I take - all seperately. It's much more expensive and you have to swallow more pills - but, that's been the only way I can take any sort of supplement. I react to nearly everything, myself. I'm not sure if it's okay to list what all we take and brands - so, if you want to PM me, I'll tell you what's working for me.

If one of you moderators let's me know, it's okay to list - I don't have a problem with telling.

Issie

I use the formula used by autistic children who are a very sensitive population. it is very clean and some of the supplements are bioavailable. I take the iron-free and copper-free but there is a formula with iron.

PM if I am not allowed to post the brand.

I have a lot of drug allergies/sensitivities. My immunologist/allergist told me to use a nickel free multi-viatamin. One-a-Day was the only brand I could find that was nickel free where I live in the rural area. I found it at a big retail grocery chain store. It came in generic form that was cheaper and in many varieties, too.

Thank you for being cautious regarding the forum rules. Here's the part of the rules that apply to this situation:

It is okay to say you are a member of another organization, website or forum. It is okay to say you use a particular business or product. However, it is not okay to use DINET's forum to recruit members for other organizations, websites or forums. It is not okay to use DINET's forum to promote businesses or products

So feel free to say I use "this" product. You just can't urge others to use it. Thanks!

I like the Women's One multivitamin by Rainbow Light. It is free of artificial ingredients, dyes, and preservatives. I think it does have soy in it, however, so that wouldn't work for you.

I usually buy my vitamins on Amazon.com because it keeps me from having to take a trip to the health food store. When I look for a new vitamin or supplement I usually look on drugstore.com. You can read the full labels there, making it much easier to find one that doesn't contain anything you are allergic to.

I hope you can find a vitamin that works for you.

Rachel