Sudden Severe Numbness/tingling, Ideas?

shoegal

I have had some mild numbness/tinglin of the arms and legs for 20 years, 2 days ago I started getting severe numbness/tingling in my back/chest/arm and now it's my whole body, it's driving me CRAZY

PCP said maybe low B12 and gave me injections to try

it's really really bad, and everywhere, any ideas?

I don't have any ideas sorry. But I also get the same thing but only on my face and neck, so you are not alone. :)

Definitely addressing low B-12 is a good first direction if your doctor suspects that. The other thing is read through the post I began, "Head/neck issues..." that I started a few days ago. I've been reading alot on how physical problems with the head(at the neck-junction area) and/or neck can affect all kinds of sensory issues. It might be worth your time to read up on these things to see if anything "fits".

I would be less confident on B12 if this has been a long term issue. That said, I can see why your doctor would err on the side of caution and start B12 injections just in case because there is no downside.

When I ran my B12 levels very low, I did get some tingling and numbness but only at the very late stages of the deficiency which I think is the normal pattern of events. I generally felt very ill and had gradually deteriorated over about 18 months with ever worsening POTS symptoms. I don't know if that fits with your recent health issues.

If it is B12, I reversed the deficiency in less than a month but the neurological symptoms arising from nerve damage took about 3 months to resolve. Again, I think that is a pretty normal version of events.

I would be less confident on B12 if this has been a long term issue. That said, I can see why your doctor would err on the side of caution and start B12 injections just in case because there is no downside.

When I ran my B12 levels very low, I did get some tingling and numbness but only at the very late stages of the deficiency which I think is the normal pattern of events. I generally felt very ill and had gradually deteriorated over about 18 months with ever worsening POTS symptoms. I don't know if that fits with your recent health issues.

If it is B12, I reversed the deficiency in less than a month but the neurological symptoms arising from nerve damage took about 3 months to resolve. Again, I think that is a pretty normal version of events.

so I'm not sure either, they think I may have mito and this could just be mito, I can not stand this!!!!

and of course my BP was fine for the visit and it's 75/49 now.

I just don't know why all of a sudden BOOM severe tingling