Clonus?

L4UR3N

Does anyone have this? My neurologist said that I have ankle clonus and I am wondering if this is a common finding in POTS? I could not find any research relating clonus specifically to POTS.

I haven't seen any research relating this to POTS either. Seems like that is usually more associated with CNS issues, if I'm remembering correctly.

From what I know about it, there is an association with either brain lesions or spinal cord lesions. No lesion has been found on any of the 3 brain MRI's that I have gotten, and now I'm wondering why no one has checked my spinal cord :(

I'm really sick of having to be the one to suggest things to my doctor. 99% of the tests and care that I have received have been initiated by me...... this just shouldnt be.

Good thing you're so smart and know what to recommend!! I too am tired of seeing docs so I can educate them about my condition and then have to walk out and pay huge fees! I think they should start paying me for the continuing education course I'm providing for them. LOL

I feel for all the people who may have this but don't know how to research and advocate for themselves .

I haven't seen any research relating this to POTS either. Seems like that is usually more associated with CNS issues, if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah, my first thought was CNS - upper motor neuron lesion typically. Although there are other causes as well. I've seen it med-induced. One of my children also had myoclonus for the first two years of her life. Never found anything and it self resolved. We'll see if it shows up as something else later in life...

Sorry you have to add another thing to your list, Rissy :( Keep searching.