Hot Versus Cold Potsies? Any Difference?

I can't deal with either end of the spectrum. My safe temperature zone is ~65-77F.  I'm typically very cold (have poor circulation and Raynaud's), but I get extremely ill (and get flareups) when I take hot showers or when exposed to hot temperatures.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m basically cold blooded and kind of assume whatever the temperature is... I’m freezing when it’s cold out (I use rechargeable heating devices) and blazing hot when it’s hot. I do much worse in the heat, though... it just wrecks me. 

I noticed recently that I was able to stay warmer after I’d gotten IV fluids. They were not warm but room temperature (cool!), so it wasn’t the temperature of the fluids.

I am the same as all of you @flowntheloop @Knellie @RecipeForDisaster - winters are better in general but I cannot go outside unless for brief periods b/c of Raynauds in my feet and in the summer I suffer terribly from heat and can only be outside early in the morning or later in the pm. I faint a lot more in the summer! 

@Pistol It is pretty miserable, isn't it? I feel trapped in my own home when it is too hot outside (which is often where I live) or too cold! I've found ways to get outside during winter, but I look like the kid from the Christmas story.
tenor.gif?itemid=4982118
In summer, I depend on my AC, but I have to wear warm clothes when I sit near them so I don't get flareups! If I DO have to get outside in summer, I can get VERY ill. Even walking the dogs for a couple of minutes in the sun can make me sick for several hours.
giphy.gif