My Dizziness Not All Pots, Doctor Says

dizzyallie

I had vertigo once and it was a totally diffenent sensation with me than the POTS. I usually get that way when near syncopal standing, but when I got too warm in church (sitting), a started to feel it come on so now I carry water and a fan to church with me to try to get through it. (Not hot flashes--had those before, too). The past week, I'd told the hubby that I'm finding when I change positions/stretch in bed, I start to feel that lightheadedness. Am not sure if it's the BP going lower or if my Chiari I is causing compression. There were some exercises (and Rx) that ENT gave me to help overcome the vertigo. (Think mine was labrynthritis.

Vertigo and dizziness were my middle names for 3 years. After all the Vestibular tests known to man, it's my ANS, only!! Clonazepam helps with dizziness. I only take a small dose at night. I still have some dizziness and nausea especially in the car, and some days are better than others, but I have to say, I am much improved. I'm also on a beta blocker for my tachycardia, and I exercise regularly on the elliptical...started on the stationery bike when I was still dizzy, and I held on tight. Haven't had any bad vertigo (vomiting and bedridden) for over a year now!! I am so much better. Medication for me has made a world of difference!!

hmm some interesting info - thanks Anna for explaining that.

The VRT doesn't seem to help me. Nothing seems to help.

Might ask bout that clonazepam when I see a doc next?

Dizzyallie it might not be your vestibular nerve then. Have you been checked for bppv? If it were me I would have a doctor check for central vertigo.

I've noticed my dizziness has become less as my pots has become less so there might be some type of autonomic issues going on as the cause.

As for VRT sorry to hear it hasn't helped you. Some people though it takes 3+ months before they notice effects but anyway I would talk with your doctor about incorporating different exercises.

As for your lightheadedness and anxiety I can tell you that endurance aerobic exercise has helped me a lot. I know with cfs. That might ne difficult but I highly encourage adopting an exercise program as it has really helped me.

Be well!

Edited by corina
medical advice

Jangle doc says I do have bppv, have had the epleys which made it worse. I am just so over being dizzy 24/7! with this vertigo on top.

Glad to hear the exercise has helped you though - yeah very difficult with me at the mo.

I will keep at the VRT exercises but you'd think by now there'd be improvement not a decline in health <_<

No nosleep study done - meant to have one in hospital but never happened

Thanks for the reply

Dizzy, I started a topic "Astronaut Issues...". Anyway, in it I was talking about head pressure possibly a factor in POTS. I was talking about Chiari, which might be something you might want to read up on. It affects the vestibular system through the affecting the cranial nerves.