Immune System Malfunction?

Elfie

Hey guys,

It seems like every time I catch a cold, get exposed to an allergen, get run down, ect. I end up with infections. I was exposed to mold about a week ago and have had mildly irritating symptoms like a bit of sinus pressure, sneezing, ect. since the exposure but my body was dealing. I had a rough weekend stress-wise, and my body seems to have quit fighting the crud that got into my system. Overnight I feel like I have a full-blown sinus and chest infection.

My immunity has gone way down since POTS and I have a hard time keeping healthy, and an even harder time avoiding chronic sinus, ear, and chest infections.

Since I haven't had a cold virus (with POTS I ALWAYS know when I've caught a virus as my POTS symptoms get horrible) and if the infection is bacterial it is secondary to the mold reaction, I probably have fungal sinitus. Not much can be done about that, so far as I know.

At the same time, I have autoimmune excema which also started at the same time as POTS and is something I'm currently treating.

So obviously my immune system exists, my body is just trying to kill itself instead of the germs.

Anyone with similar issues?