Moderators: An Idea? Possible To Have A Section On Here Dedicated To Store Research Articles We Find, All In One Place?

hilbiligrl

I was just wandering. I bookmark the research articles that i read on our diseases, like we all do of course. But i have a hard time keeping up with some of the others posted on here. I wander if there could be a section of just research articles, all in one place here, where we can come back to again and again. I'm sure it would need some organization. It's really hard for me to find alot of my articles i've saved, it's if they 'expired' in my computer and i no longer can find most of them :(

anyways, just a thought......

it would be super helpful....

We do want to keep all dysautonomia discussions in one forum. This is something that is fairly unique to DINET, and I believe it is beneficial. When too many sub-forums are added it becomes cumbersome to keep switching between forums, especially for moderators who read every topic every day.

The best way to organize research articles on the forum would be to begin using the tag feature on topics. If everyone who posts a research article puts a tag under the post that says, "research article," then they can all be brought up together. You can click on a tag underneath a topic, and it will bring up a list of all topics that have been tagged with that word or phrase. This is a new feature in the upgraded forum, and it could be really helpful if we all use it.

There are a few places where DINET does have research articles gathered. There is a research page on DINET, found here: http://www.dinet.org/research.htm It hasn't been maintained in the past two years because of lack of volunteers, but we hope to get that back up and running soon. A few relevant research articles are published quarterly in the newsletter, and you can find those here: http://www.dinet.org/newsletter.htm

Personally, I find it helpful to save research articles that interest me into a dysautonomia folder on my computer. I also sometimes save links in an internet folder. I even started a dysautonomia pinboard on Pinterest to collect articles and pictures relevant to dysautonomia (some fun, some serious).

I'm sorry we can't add another forum here, but we appreciate your feedback.

Rachel