Qsart Test For Sweating...what Did You Feel?

sue1234

I had that as part of my initial work-up at Mayo. I thought I would feel "warmth" as we were testing sweating! But, it actually kind of hurt. It felt alot like what a knee scrape would feel like when fresh, you know, kind of like a burning feeling. Is that normal? Or, what I mean, is that what most people feel?

Phew! Nice to know someone else had that reaction. I came home and read up on the test(from some of the big institutions' websites), and it seems they all said that the patient might feel some warmth, but it would not be unpleasant. To me, it felt like someone was using a blade and lightly scratching my skin off. I found it unpleasant!!

Hi Sue,

I didn't feel anything but warmth and then humidity like a steam bath. But, since it is really testing for neuropathy which is why someone would not sweat during the test, maybe this gives them more information. Did you let them know about the sensation? The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you were having a topical reaction to the iodine or talc?

I had the Qsart twice and both times I felt the stinging discomfort. It felt almost like an e-stim or TENS unit type discomfort. The Qsart is different from the theremoregulatory sweat test and didn't use any idodine or talc when I had it.