Getting Accommodations For Act Test

mully2014

Has anyone else gone through with getting any accommodations for the ACT Test? I'm going through this now because I'm really slow at processing things quickly with all of my concussions and the brain fog from POTS. They are trying to get me extended time and be able to take it over a two week period of time so I can pick a day that I feel good enough to test. I hope that the process goes well and that it gets approved!

I don't know about the ACT, but my son was able to get accommodations for the SATs. He had 50% extended time with no more than 4 hours of testing per day, and his testing had to begin no earlier than 11:00 or noon - I don't remember exactly. There was no problem getting it approved with a doctor's letter. I hope you get what you need.

I believe you should be able to get the accommodations you require. Aside from getting a drs note try talking to your counselor as well as with a Sp Ed teacher/coordinator if you have one on campus.

best of luck

Do you mind if I ask what grade you're in? We just got some info in the mail about ACT classes to get a student ready to take the test in the fall. My daughter is only taking 4 classes this year and only attends 1 of those at school each day plus homebound tutoring so trying to fit more school time into her schedule will not work right now. Did you wait till your senior year to take them? I don't want her to be behind but yet I don't want to push her anymore than she needs since she's finally starting to feel better again.

Brenda