Allergic Reaction To A Med

mully2014

This morning I got hives all over my arms and chest from what we are almost certain is from the Cybalta. Has anyone else gotten this reaction from this med? My cardiologist is having me stay on the Cybalta and try it again tomorrow and see if I get the hives or not. Not looking forward to the possibility that I might have another reaction. :(

Wow, are you willing to do that? If you are really certain it's from the med, I wouldn't take it again, myself. Unless you could possibly have food allergies which can totally complicate things! Your body is trying to warn you so I would be careful and have the Benedryl handy if you do decide to try it again.

I could not tolerate Cymbalta. It gave me horrible nausea within just a few days so I stopped at that point.

Hmmmmm.. I'd never want to tell you not listen to your doctor.,, but hives are a pretty serious reaction to a drug. Your next dose could be dangerous. Keep the Benadryl nearby and maybe call an allergist's office to get their opinion as well. Never hurts to ask someone, it's your body. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Well took the Cymbalta this morning and got hives AGAIN...this time my mouth was itching and felt like it was slightly swelling because I felt the constant need to clear my throat. We gave me benedryl and I'm doing better now. SO it has been decided i won't be taking that med again. I'm just glad the reaction wasn't worse.

I got hives from zoloft all over my arms and back. However, I never reacted to paxil or lexapro. Also got hives from coregard and toperol but not from inderal. Usually if you get them after taking a new medication, it is most def that medication. I think its absurd that your doctor made you try it again, they should have switched you to something else that you can tolerate.

Yeah, my body seems to be getting even more sensitive to meds... I've been allergic to penicillin since I was a baby, recently i was on celexa for the syncope and I got an aleergic reaction from that and now the cymbalta.

anaphylaxing- I don't know much about mast cell disease. What is it and does it relate to having allergic reactions?

Thanks everyone for all of your posts, they have all been very helpful!