Is Your Presyncope Constant Or Does It Fluctuate?

jangle

I was wondering if anyone else got what I was getting. Whenever I sat in classrooms I would get a much more intense presyncope that would last an hour or so. My body got really hot, lightheaded much worse etc. etc. This happened thousands of times and I was just wondering if people also get daily or near daily excarbations of their presyncope that last for hours?

When I get to a presyncope, it seems that I might as well forget about getting anything done. I'll semi recline and give myself time to rebound but I will still have warnings following sometimes for hours and sometimes for the entire day (that is what I am noticing in cold winter). In hot spring/summer/fall days when it happens it happens so much more frequently and takes me much longer to rebound. I am enjoying this 'break' as much as I hate winter.

I would often get more intense presyncope feelings during class, especially last year when I got really bad just before diagnosis. I had a lot of seminar classes that would be 3+ hours long and it would go on the whole time-- lightheadedness, nausea, weird eye twitching, sometimes ears buzzing, elevated heart rate etc. My schedule is easier on my body these days, but when I had class every day it did happen every day. Sitting for long periods is just as bad, if not worse, than standing for me, and I think being surrounded by people in an intense environment also made me stressed, which triggered symptoms. At least that's my hypothesis.

My symptoms' intensity and duration does vary.

Lately the worst seems to be after eating a heavy meal. I do start to get presyncopal symptoms if I'm sitting still for a great length. Fortunately driving has enough activity to keep me awake, but if I'm just sitting as a passenger, especially after eating, I'll definitely start seeing symptoms.

I go through several days when it will be really bad...I have to semi-recline at minimum or I will have some degree of presyncope and can only stand for 2-3 minutes, even sitting without my feet up is a problem. Then, I will have a good day, for no reason at all, when I have no/almost no symptoms. For example, I went to doc a wk and a half ago, and I almost passed out sitting in their waiting room (I think I didn't cause the nurse spotted me...that one snuck up on me). They had to scrape me up out of the chair and half carry me to an exam table. Since that day, I have been very limited in my upright abilities with lots of presyncope if I didn't keep my feet elevated. Then, today, I was mostly symptom free...just a small adrenaline surge as I left the pharmacy. I did nothing different last night or this morning to make today be a good day...I have noooo idea why it happened (but I am not complaining. :) )

• 2 weeks later...

If I am in a flare (which I am now), it is constant. Terrible thermoregulation, bedridden, even talking or listening sets it off (I think because I am concentrating).

If I am not in an active flare, then it fluctuates a little and depends on what I am doing (or rather, my body position), the ambient temperature, etc.

Jangle what your describing sounds more like intense anxiety then pre-syncope. I would bet if you took your BP during those times it would be very high instead of low. I get anxiety attacks just like that every day. My cardio says it is because we are constantly overly SNS activated so its constantly operating on a hair trigger. I'm hoping the Paxil will help all the generalized anxiety I have had with the pots.