Magnesium And Ang Ii

julieph85

I know a lot of us on here take magnesium supplements and claim they get benefit. I have been off mine for some time and decided to take one today. My heart rate and blood pressure have been lower this evening then they have in a long time, and i feel way more relaxed than usual. Could be a coincidence but it got me thinking. Especially about my own issues with eating carbohydrates and the extreme norepinephrine reaction I get. Look at this article- It says right in the first paragraph that ang 2 effects the bodies sensitivity to norepinephrine and Ang II. So maybe- we don't have too much ang II but are hyper sensitive to it and norepinephrine? Maybe there is something wrong with the way our bodies are using Magnesium? When my pots started I also developed pre-eclampsia at the exact same time. What's the first line treatment for pre-eclampsia? IV magnesium. Pregnant women are known to be low in magensium in the third trimester. That is when my pots started. Just a thought!

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/21/6/1024.full.pdf

I think there is something to the magnesium idea. Recently I tried a neuro-magnesium that crosses the blood brain barrier and it wasn't at all good. But, then I switched back to the traditional magnesium and it has helped my bp and hr. I do feel calmer. I know one of the treatments for high blood pressure while pregnant is epsom salts - magnesium. Also, one of the things given to MS patients to help in their nerve function is magnesium. So, thinking that it may be something we do need more of. Of course, you know it will give you the "trots" if you take too much - so go easy until you figure out how much is good for you.

Alternative docs say that if your lower bp is high it usually is a liver dysfunction and magnesium will help to lower that. And it does.

Issie

Really good article by the way. Might explain the vasoconstricted state of our veins - that some of us low flow people have. I know I've been sleeping a whole lot better since I started taking it before bed. I only wake up once instead of every 2 hours. I'm starting to feel a whole lot better.

I'm also experimenting with two other things right now too. So, have to wait till things are more conclusive - but, so far - I'm really excited about how my last two days have been. I'll let you know more when I've tested it out more.

Julie, good find - magnesium does seem to be beneficial - to me - at least.

Issie

i just started taking magnesium recently, and for some reason has helped with my tachycardia.

Me too! I've noticed a big difference. I read it effects your potassium pumps in the heart cells, makes you wonder if we don't have something wrong with that area to begin with...