Itchy Legs

Alyssa

I've had this going on for about a year now. It happens every few days, with no real pattern other than it seems to happen predominantly at night.

I get insanely itchy on my calves and the backs of my thighs. The more I itch, the worse it gets. No creams, lotions, or pills help. Those places end up turning blotchy and red with little raised bumps that can't be seen, but can be felt.

I thought it was an allergic reaction to something, but no antihistamine seems to help. I've tried changing laundry soaps, dryer sheets, lotions, shaving creams, etc but to no avail.

Anyone else get this? Or have any ideas about it?

Alyssa,

my legs don't quite itch, it's more of a discomfort feeling in my muscles, sometimes it feels like burning/stinging. I will mention it to my dr as i have an appt in 2 weeks.

I hope you get some helpful answers.

Alex

I'm not too familiar with neuropathy, but I would tend to think that's not what it is.

Alex, it's definitely itching for me. Feels like I have poison ivy all over.

The docs are baffled, but of course it's never there when want to show them.

I did a google search and I'm not alone on it, but no one has an answer =/

Alyssa, my daughter is the same. Intense itching. No creams, lotions etc help, it doesnt appear to be 'dry skin'. No explanation for it, and yes, she has patches of little red bumps - sort of - because you can feel them but barely see them. She could scratch her legs right off, thats how itchy they are. And, it does seem to only happen at night. I have nothing to offer for help, but if you find anything or learn anything I would love to know!