Back Pain

Darlene

i ve been having low back pain since 2001. i ve been to chiropractors and physical therapy in the past, but it didnt help. i recently asked for an mri, they said most of the time your ins wont cover it unless u have been to physical therapy. so, i went back to physical therapy, my last day was thursday. monday i started having severe pain again. i don't understand whats going on. i get this severe pain in my lower back, can't walk for about a week, it gets better then a month or two later i get the severe pain again. its a repeated cycle. i went to the ER 2 months ago cause the pain was so bad, and the pills and injection for pain didn't even work. has this happened to anyone else, or know what this could possibly caused from. i ve been ill since 2002. dysautonomia and severe low back pain. if i would had job the last 10 years, i would had missed several days. i have not filed for disability cause i keep thinking i will get better. but i should realize by now i probably won't, and file. i didnt go to college to not be able to use my education. i don't even have enoigh credits dor disability, so what would I receieve? $700 a month (this is what my friend gets who didnt have enough credits). this isnt the life i want to live. being sick and broke. i want to feel good, and go to work every day, and own my own home. i m having a hard time accepting this will probably never happen.

I get really bad lower back pain when my gastrointestinal symptoms act up. I don't know if you have any but it's kind of odd that the chiropractor and pain meds didn't help. It's like I get a bad stomach ache but in my back.