Heart Rate Anything Help?

goodnuff77

I've been reading posts here for awhile and I see what people are doing to try to help their symptoms. Most of the treatment drugs everyone seems to be on I've tried and had to many side effects from. I suffer from low blood pressure and a heart rate that is all over the place. It seems like the meds I've been on (propranolol for heart rate, pseudoephedrine for blood pressure, saline for blood volume and pressure, then a bunch more for stomach, migrains etc....)are almost working agaist each other. My blood pressure always runs low around 104/73 for average when sitting. But my heart rate is all over the place. Today I decided to record it from sitting to standing every minute till I couldn't take it it started at 61 sitting then to standing 116. 1 minute later 145, after that 158. I stopped there due to dizziness. and of coarse my blood pressure drops down so I didn't want to hit the floor. So back to my question my heart rate ranges from 40 to 130 in sitting or lying position. I saw the post about the pace maker and my mind started going. Doctors have talked to me before about having a pace maker but didn't want to because of my age (34 now) and the constant replacements. Which is good because I dont want a pace maker. But I was curious about the pace maker drugs like Norpace. I was wondering if anyone was on these and do they help or if there is danger in taking them. I just want to be able to do more with family and friends and maybe get out of the house. So if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks

Added explanation of meds working agaist each other: Pseudoephrine raises bp but also heart rate....Propranolol lowers heart rate but also bp. So is there any point to still take them if there working against each other and not helping? I was just in the hospital for 6 days and they gave me 3 bags of saline a day but all the nurses where concered about my low blood pressure. Need to find out what lowers heart rate without affecting my bp.

Corina I have not tried ivabradine but after looking it up I dont think my Dr's would try it where it only lowers heart rate. Espically where my heart rate gets so low. It seems that something like Norpace works to level off the rate with both high and low just didn't know if anyone has tried it. I'm trying to get as much information to talk to my Dr about and it seems my symptoms keep getting worse as time goes by.

Redoctober my Dr's were trying to level me off on meds to help with the syncope before they would let me exercise. I've had syncope in both sitting and standing position so they were being careful with my activity's up to that point. The only thing they wanted me to do for exercise was swimming but then I got my Port a Cath last year and because its always accessed they tell me I cant swim due to bacteria and possible infection. But when I was working a few years back wearing a holter moniter my heart rate got up to 160's to 180's and stayed there for normal activity. Then due to presyncope I had to sit. As far as low heart rate it happens all thru out the day. Often when sitting and my bp is low so is my heart rate is very low making it hard to function.

Just getting really frustrated with increased symptoms and it seems the Dr's are running out of things to try. Or for that matter what there willing to try because they feel they got me leveled off with current meds. For months I've been explaining new or increased symptoms but I'm told that the syncope is pretty much under control so they dont want to make any adjustments. But the syncope is only slightly under control because of fear to get up and do anything.