Biotronik Pacer

For those of you with POTS and numerous faints, etc, and nothing seems to bring relief....have you asked your cardiologist about the Biotronik CLS pacers?

Just a thought! They are difficult to adjust to get the right settings but many, including myself, have had good luck with them. Dr. Grubb is now using them for some POTS patients and so is my doctor as they can adjust the HR to autonomic changes.

I can't. But you may wish to google on Biotronik and dysautonomia; Biotronik and Blair Grubb;

This is far too complicated for me. You may be inrested in these articles. The pacer does raise your HR rwhen your bp is going down. Thatis different, I think, then other pacers I have had.

The Biotronik has something called CLS (closed loop stimulation) which allows it to do this. The Biotronik is a German pacemaker.

I am sure there are many other articles; I just don't have the energy to find them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19937372

http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/19937372

http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/19937372

I see you are taking Octreotide as well. I am surprised I don't see many others here taking it. Have you had any gall bladder problems with it, Corina? I developed a sludgy gall bladder and had to have it removed. It was worth it considered the value I get from the Octreotide.

thanks for all the info goldicedance1!

i do have some small gall bladder stones but they're not bothering me too much as yet. once they will, the gallbladder will be removed. as i have very much trouble with gen aeneasthetics we decided to have surgery only if it really really needs to be done. though the octreotide doesn't cure me, it is the best med i've been on so far, it gave me my life back!

I believe this is the type of pacemaker than my cardiologist would like me to consider having, as he mentioned the pacing speeding up when bp dropped. However, I'm not sure if I'm ready for such a step at this time, or if it would make a big enough difference in my symptoms to be worth it.

Elfie,

The Biotronik is the only pacer, I believe, that can do this. While it is a big step, it depends how much the bp drops bother you.

My new pacer is expected to last about 8 years. That is a short span because I am totally dependent on it. For those who are not totally dependent, the Biotronik can probably go for about 12 years. If your cardiologist is skillful at using the Biotronik in terms of the tweaks that are necessary to adjust it to your specific needs and if your quality of life is really adversely affected be your BP swings, well then........