Surgery

surfgirl14

Hey Guys. So I have bee doing the IV fluids and of course as I thought and my doctor , they are woring! Hurray :) So anyways my doctor wants my mom to go ahead and set up the surgery for me to get a Port. So my question is doesn anyone have any experiences with the Port Surgery? Like if anyone has gotten the surgery for the Port , how did it go? What should I expect? How long in the recovery room? Any responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

... Also I have never had surgery b4 ( I know this one is minor though). I have had a endoscopy done under general anthesia but that's it. I have never been cut open so kinda scared.

I had a port placed last year then had it removed last week due to infection then had another one placed on last week. They put me out for all 3 procedures but was able to leave right after the surgery. For me chest was sore and hurt to move arm for about 4 days. But it wasn't alot of pain I only used advil for pain and it worked pretty well. So I have a scar on both sides of my chest about 2 inches long and a small 1/4 inch one's by my neck. I had my newest port placed last friday and had the port needle inserted about a hour later. It's a pretty easy surgrey to go through in my mind. any questions just ask. and good luck.

*Also if you can watch stuff like that you can see the whole surgery on youtube.