Puppy!

puppylove

Sometimes when I'm feeling better my family will foster puppies for dog rescue groups. Its really fun and I LOVE it!! The thing is I have not been feeling so well lately but there is a little puppy that needs a foster home or he will be put down! So I have convinced my parents that we should foster again and starting Thursday I will be partly responsible for a 12 week old puppy until we find him a good home. At least if the puppy cries all night I will probably be up anyways. :). This should be interesting...

Have fun with your new puppy! I think pets can go a long way in making us feel better. I have a black cat, Raven, right now and I love it when she sits in my lap while I'm on the computer or the couch. I'll bet it's hard to see your foster dogs leave, though. Do you have pets that just stay with your family full-time?

I have two bullmastiffs that I raised from pup, there's nothing better then having my two dogs by my side. When I'm sick they just lay by me on the floor and wait untill I'm feeling better, to go for a walk. Have you ever considered getting a dog and then training them to be a service dog? I have done that with my mastiffs and now can take them anywhere with me. You can do it yourself and only when you feel well enough. Hope you enjoy your pup. Just a little hint it helps to have two, then when I'm not feeling well they can play together to get out their energy. I know it costs more but in the long run mine are the best of buddies and go everywhere together.

Maggie

We have three other dogs too but they are older and a cat, fish, hermit crabs. Our house is kind of a zoo! :) I agree, having pets really makes me feel better! It is really hard to give the pup to someone else when you foster but it is so rewarding!! Its so cute because the last time we fostered my dogs got attached to the puppy and they were all sad for a while after she was gone!

How sweet ~ You must have a really kind <3 ~ I was going to ask how did you post that one? I love my dog. He's my constant companion.

Bellamia ~

:rolleyes: I can't see it sweet one, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I just see a string of numbers and letters.

I'm sure a pro here will tell us how soon ~ :)

Bellamia ~

To share a picture you need to upload it to a photo sharing site (like Flickr or PhotoBucket). You can then link directly to the photo's URL. That will embed the picture within your post for us to see.

You can also link to the page where your picture can be found, and members can click over to see your photo.

Hope this helps!

Rachel

• 1 month later...

00331.jpg

hope you dont mind me posting a picture of my dog ROSY. shes such a comfort to me when im feeling unwell. shes mostly with me all day.

the coat in the picture i made for her. i used to love sewing, now i have to pace my way through projects, yet i get there in the end.

would love to see others dogs too.

do you still have twix?

How adorable ~ I love my guy ~who follows me all around all day~ I love the coat you made for ROSY. Did you have a pattern or make it up~ My guy just got all his hair shaved off ~ Then it got cold here ;(

hi bella

dogs are so sweet, sure they know too when your ill. you little one sounds lovely.

i was able to trace around an old coat of rosys, add an inch seem allowance, then slowly, very slowly made it into a coat. the reverse side is full soft leopard print, the top is corduroy, my favourite fabric. what would of took hours in the old days, now takes weeks. hey i got there in the end though, thats all that matters.

I wish I still had a sewing machine ~I could no longer see to thread it so I gave mine away. Now I'd like to try to make a few projects, but may take me months in bed ~ lol ~

Awww- she's adorable. I can't believe you made that coat for her- it looks perfessional. We still have Twix because we are foster failures and she is so sweet we decided to keep her. That makes four. :)

hi bella - i hope you are able to purchase a sewing machine in the future, i spend five or so minutes at a time on the machine, i get there in the end though!

hi puppy - aw you kept twix, sweet story. i must admit i think if i fostered a dog, or animal i wouldnt want to give them back!

hi bella - i hope you are able to purchase a sewing machine in the future, i spend five or so minutes at a time on the machine, i get there in the end though!

hi puppy - aw you kept twix, sweet story. i must admit i think if i fostered a dog, or animal i wouldnt want to give them back!

emma ~ Same with me, I love all animals ~ love + more love ~ Bellamia ~

i had a couple of days away last week, came back feeling awful, more so than before i went! i suppose we all get that. rosy came too, she seem to really enjoy it, jumping around the beach, walking in the woods with a spring in her step.

we went to the forest of dean, heres rosy sitting on a bench whilst we had a cuppa.078ku.jpg

• 3 weeks later...