The Best Doctor Appointment Of My Life!!!!

puppylove

Oh my gosh i am so happy right now I could cry or something!!!!! I just got back from my appointment with Dr. Abdallah and he is the best doctor ever. He did different tests on me than my other cardio and he explained the results and what my body was doing to make me have these symptoms. I finally felt like every word my parents and I said really turely mattered and he cared and he knew it was not anxiety :)! He said that several of the medicines my other cardio put me on are not beneficial and they are infact harmful to teens with POTS. He said I need full homebound schooling for now and he will get it for me. And my favorite part was when he looked me right in the eyes and said I will make you feel better. No doctor has ever said that to me before!! My parents are also estatic. It's like the light bulb has gone off and every thing has clicked in to place!

Oh Puppy-

YAY!!!!!!!! So happy for you. That's how we felt after my son saw Dr. Rowe. It's so confirming after you've been disbelieved for so long. I have heard wonderful things about Dr. A. I am certain you WILL feel better & be able to get back to school soon.

Hugs-

Julie

I have WAITING to hear how things went. I KNEW Dr. A would help you, he is so wonderful. My son saw him and he is the one who put him on meds that got him back on his feet, literally. I think you live with in a reasonable distance from him and that will help you work with him closer than us who live in the middle of the country. So happy you found him. Did you ever join Dynakids? I know there are a bunch of kids just like yourself and I can tell you would love the forum.

Really glad to hear he'll help you get the homebound schooling issue straightened out as well! That's been a major hassel for you all.

Thanks for sharing the good news with us. After all the BAD doctor stories we've all dealt with it's always so nice to hear about a good one!

Congrats!!

He is at The Childrens Heart Institute. It is in Reston VA. He is so awesome!! I was starting to lose hope in all doctors until I went to him. In two days I am going back to have a test done and then I'm going to have his version of a TTT.