Adrenaline And Crashing?

icesktr189

I have "periods" where I am able to do more because of excess amounts of adrenaline. I can push myself to go shopping, cooking, ect for a couple days to a week. I feel kind of hyped up and can feel the adrenaline... however, when it leaves, I crash pretty hard. Even though its physical, I also crash mentally. I just feel low. Almost like bipolar disorder, but not that extreme. (I have been checked and I dont have mania to the point of going without sleep or feeling on top of the world, just happier that I can do more).

Is it pretty normal when your adrenals are low to feel kind of depressed? I can still force myself to do the bare minimum, but I would just rather sleep. I do notice when I feel like this, I can sometimes sleep it off and if I am able to rest for a couple of days I feel better.

The problem is, is that it is affecting my mood pretty bad. I am constantly up and down. Sometimes I just feel this sadness inside, but not not there all the time. I do feel hopeful somedays, but other days, not so much.

I get this right before that time of the month, I get all energetic and then the next I can't leave my bed. Maybe you should keep track of when it's happening so you can see if there's any correlation involving your hormones. My gyno said it's pretty common for hormones to fluctuate along with how you feel. And that sadness, I feel it too. To be honest some days I just want to lay in bed because I do feel hopeless. It's hard going throughout a normal day without having a down moment. It's so hard moving past them but I think in our case with how life is just that much harder it's perfectly normal and completely allowed.

Hmm. I get the good periods but don't necessarily feel wired like I do with the adrenaline. I definitely crash after them too. It like 2-3 days activity 2-3 days sleeping. It is kind of frustrating because the good days let you know what you are missing on the bad ones and that frustration can lead to emotional expression. I usually just cry to get it out.

Its not so much wired, but I am extremely happy that I can go do stuff... I dont have that "top of the world" feeling, but I just feel all around happy because I was able go out or watch a movie without being so dizzy. However, because I am up more, my body requires more adrenaline to funciton. It seems after a couple days or a week that it runs out and I am on empty almost. That is when I start feeling down and tired. Then I repeat this process pretty much every week. Its very frustrating.

Totally understand Dani!! Last week was my good week...clear head...no pain...energy, etc but at night I was having more adrenaline surges again so I should have seen this weeks crash coming :( one of my docs refers to it as catecholamine dumping.....he says because my body isnt able to regulate the adrenaline properly (produce way too much) I crash harder because it takes longer for it to disappear from my system. Normal people who can regulate may only feel the crash for a few hours where in people like us it can last days even weeks. The theory kinda makes sense to me.....

Bren

I used to be very active all the time, and getting used to the "new normal" is sometimes a hard thing, but my motto is, if I can get one task done a day :) , I'm doing well; so no matter how I feel, I try not to overdue or I will suffer the consequences. Yesterday was different than usual. I had to get my hair cut, so I did, but when I got home, I had a friend "show up", who I hadn't seen in years, and of course, I was glad to see her, but last night I had book club, too. Ordinarily, I don't do alot at night or in the morning, afternoons are best for me, so if I do something in the morning, I need to rest in the afternoon. I didn't get any down time, and I went to book club, anyway. BIG MISTAKE...I love being with friends, and this is just once a month, but today I'm still in my PJ's because of it. I don't even have the energy to get dressed, but it is my own fault. I did way too much yesterday, and today is a down day no matter what i want, because I was stubborn!! So I know exactly how you feel. Pacing yourself is SO IMPORTANT. I am still learning, too, if it makes you feel any better...

yeah this is a problem and the thing that helped with it was an acetylcholine-esterase inhibitor - thus my totally unproven theory is that it relates somehow to acetylcholine activity. Caffeine does this for me - i get a peak and then I feel mentally confused and wired and tired.

What inhitor did you take? Are you still taking it??

See I should know better by now, but I just cant help myself... I always say that I wont over due it and I always do, so I end up crashing. But I cant have an off day because i still have to take care of my daughter, so I dont ever really get time to recoupe. The physical stuff is very hard, but the mental stuff (feeling down and sad) really takes a toll with me.

Dani,

Don't you see Dr. Goodman? I'm curious if you've discussed this with him and what he says.

Dianne

No I am still waiting.. hopefully in the next month... I have been to my mom's appt. with him, so next time she goes, I am going to bring it up. I truley dont think I have depression. I know i have panic disorder, but I only feel depressed when my symptoms are in full swing.