I Found A Doctor In The Southwest To Test For Mast Cell. Yay!!

Maiysa

I've literally been sick since December 27th with flushing and nausea, my blood pressure stayed at 146/92 for days and HR of 116 for several nights which ended up being from my period and then a 2 week upper respiratory virus followed and then of course the anemia set in which makes the dysautonomia somewhat of a nightmare and then a few weeks later, another period. I pray for them to go away. Anyhow, I lived. Wahoo! And thanks to some of the girls sending me to the mast cell blog and posting there, I found a doctor in the southwest to at least be able to rule out mast cell activation disorder. Not sure I have it, but my tryptase was 11 which my local doc told me it was nothing to worry about, but my girls here said to have it looked at-so I'm going to do it. So happy to find someone local. IT's a miracle. I usually have to go somewhere else. Of course I have a 4 month wait, haha.... but they have me seeing a hematologist first and that's in March. So that's only a month away, so it's good. Okay, good health to all.

Maiysa

Hurray Maiysa! :) Hopefully they will figure out what's going on, and if it's MCAD, get you on the right meds - - or treat whatever is going on to make you so sick. I am still not great, but much improved over how I was a month ago now that I'm on MCAD meds (don't have a firm diagnosis yet from the doctors, but it sure fits my symptoms), so hang in there and stay hopeful. Let us know how it goes!

Thank you Potsmama and Katybug. Potsmama, I can't remember, did you find a doctor or are you waiting on an appointment? Katybug, did they put you on some meds for the possible MCAD? If so do you notice a difference. I know you're having all sorts of tests right now. When will you know something?