How Much Water Do You Drink Each Day?

HopeSprings

I can get bladder spasms if I drink too much, and also can have fluid retention. I drink more when I exercise or in the heat of the summer, but when I tried 80 ounces, it was too much, so I usually stick to 64-72.

I'm with you naomi, I strive for more than I did the day before. I just get too nauseous. but i try to at least get 30 oz. definitely not enough but I can't help it. I am trying!!! I always feel like i just drank and so I don't feel like I need it. But I know this is why I'm not doing very well. it's a double edged sword. my doctor told me the other day at least 3 liters. So let's do this!! :)

I was keeping a daily journal for 4 months of how many ounces I drank and how many times I urinated, plus any medications or changes in habits - to see if I could detect a pattern that was causing the good versus bad days. Several times, I thought I had found something, only to find out it was a fluke. I went through waves, where for several weeks I'd drink around 64oz per day, then another wave where it'd be around 95oz, and yet another where it'd be closer to 130. None of the 3 amounts seeemed to be better for me than the other...

Like Rama said, I do recall when I was pregnant that a nurse also told me to keep my pee clear, but that was before I knew about POTS so I don't know if that advice was just for 'normal' people, or if it applies to us as well?

Now, I just drink when I am thirsty (water or Gatorade) or if I notice that I haven't had anything to drink for 30-45 minutes, then I will take 3-4 sips just to maintain, even if I'm not thirsty.

For the general population the rule is your weight divided by two (in ounces). So for us it is more but I am not sure how much more.

This is what my doctor told me, but to be honest, I need more, probably because of being on a diuretic :)

i drink about 76 oz. 2 -32 oz bottles of gatoraide, and two 12 oz bottles of water. not including my coffee 12 oz thru the day....