Hypoperfusion & Vasoconstriction In Pots Video

RichGotsPots

Interesting video from POTS researcher

I'm wondering now if our hypoperfusion is responsible for our symptoms rather than regional blood pressure that I once thought or maybe both..

Only problem is that my main symptom is breathing problems as many already know and there is hardly any research of pulmonary hypoperfusion except in infants. But there is some research on cerebral hypoperfusion, for those of you have have cerebral symptoms...

Thanks for posting this. This explains exactly what's happening in our bodies when we're upright.

Imho, this should have a sticky.

My other me/cfs symptoms (ataxia, constant brainfog, brain zaps, digestive problems, etc) are under

control via diet (food intolerance, low carb, low glycemic and toxin elimination). It's only when I'm upright that I feel weak, fuzzy headed, sob, etc ... Just like he points out.

I have a left bundle branch block, aka ticker problem, that my cardiologist says isn't bad enough

to cause my oi. BUT .. I've never had a standing ekg. Do they even do this ? I was however booted off the treadmill but

I was too sick to follow up and ask why ..

I'm going to try supine exercises once again to see if it helps. I stopped the last time because

I went to pt for assistance and ended up doing too much and in a chronic pem (post exertional

malaise) state ..

Tc .. D

Yeah I doubt it would be helping them mate :) Makes it tough for the heart and the liver as well.

I had my POTS doc do this test and he used a machine called a BioZ but he barely knew how to read the results only that cardiac output went down on standing.

I wish on top of the research for this they would point out some meds to try for this and success rates. I've seen that info on Dr. Grubb's studies.. Just not in this area..

I feel so dehydrated and scared. I have had plenty of Gatorade today. I took a bath and washed my hair last night and I woke up feeling like death warmed over. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Hang in there and take it one day at a time - sometimes, it may be one minute at a time. (((((Hugs - to you))))))

Issie

I feel so dehydrated and scared. I have had plenty of Gatorade today. I took a bath and washed my hair last night and I woke up feeling like death warmed over. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Hang in there and take it one day at a time - sometimes, it may be one minute at a time. (((((Hugs - to you))))))

Issie

I appreciate that so much Issie! Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread..... I'm now able to roll over and type, so that's an improvement, :) The only thing I can think of is I took a bath AND washed my hair last night. Maybe this is the aftermath of that.... it's all so crazy!

I have that happen sometimes too. I have to sit to shower and wash my hair and by the time I'm finished - I'm shaking like a leaf and nauseous and totally wiped out. I have to make sure I don't get the water too hot and also do my hair in stages - because using my arms overhead will get me. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Issie

I have that happen sometimes too. I have to sit to shower and wash my hair and by the time I'm finished - I'm shaking like a leaf and nauseous and totally wiped out. I have to make sure I don't get the water too hot and also do my hair in stages - because using my arms overhead will get me. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Issie

Yes! I don't know what got into me to do both. I know better. You would think after 9 years I would have learned wouldn't you?! :rolleyes:

Issie

Yes! I don't know what got into me to do both. I know better. You would think after 9 years I would have learned wouldn't you?! :rolleyes:

Must have been the bath. Heat is a vasodialator.Also it can dehydrate by raising our temperature... I stopped taking warm showers and baths..