Irregular Menstural Cycles

puppylove

I only have one or two periods a year for three years. I'm 15. Is POTS causing this or could it be something more serious? I told my doctor before I knew I have POTS and she said I should look in to it so now I'm just worried if it's not POTS.

It is possible that this is not a problem at all-- not caused by POTS, but nothing else dangerous either. It can take some girls years to have regular periods (I personally only had a few a year for the first few years of my period and was told this was completely normal by my docs-- I didn't have POTS). Also, if you are underweight or have lost weight due to POTS that could cause this. I'm not a doc, but I personally wouldn't worry about it unless your periods are causing you unusual pain (or you are having cramping or sharp pains when off your period) or you are bleeding excessively or for a very long time when you get your period.

oh wow... i could totally be the poster child for irregular menstrual cycles..... (im 34, with 2 kids age 13 & 15)..... I was a late starter anyways, i didn't start my period til i was in like 10th grade. I would have my period for 7-10 days and then none for 3-6 mths or sometimes 9 mths or so.... i never knew when it would come.... so i could go only once or twice a year sometimes.... when i got married and got pregnant.... for a good 10 years i rarely had a period.... i am now only in the past year starting to pan out some to every month or every 50 days or so..... still i never know when.....

I guess it's just the uniqueness of 'us'...... i'm thankful i don't have them as often as others..... ha ha :)