It's Time To Get Serious With Exercise (I Got My Gym Membership!)

jangle

I was instructed to start out doing all of my exercising sitting down. I have a rowing machine (ordered used on amazon - not expensive) that seems to work easier for me than the recumbent bicycle . When I cannot get out of bed, the PT told me to try to bring my legs alternating forwards and backwards (feet flat on mattress) as many times as possible per day. The PT also told me to do this in the bath tub. I was also supposed to work on my core muscles with an exercise ball but I opted for the rower.

Today I got 30 minutes of jogging (~3 miles). My body has acclimated to the point where I'm not getting tired at all jogging, I feel as if I'm walking now while I'm running. I don't really want to pick up the pace though because my heart rate is already absurd, I think I'll just try for 40-50 minutes next time.

Yesterday I got up to 20 minutes of jogging for a total of 2 miles. 10 min/mile is pathetic but I was proud. It's been roughly 2 weeks now and today I was feeling better.

. Are you kidding? A 10 minute mile is great!!!!! You should be proud! :)