Supplements- What Do You Take?

Serbo

Just curious, whats Supps does everyone take? I think by that I mean what do you take which isnt prescribed that helps?

I know that people take a vast array of supplements based on thier specific condition but i'm curious as to what really helps.

Myself - Just vit c and a muti vit, would like to try licquiroice (sp?) root

Aaron

coq10 seems to help. and also drink the b vit gatoraide juice pouches. they are in the protine isle of the store. extra calories,salt and vitamins..plus they taste a lot like jellow before it gels!!yumm!

I take Nature Made (gluten free) "Stress B-Complex", helps my chronic fatigue. I take 500mg Vitamin C, helps give my immune system a boost. I drink cherry juice once a day to reduce inflammation. I only take my multivitamin a couple times a week because it has iron in it. I don't digest iron supplements well but I still need the extra iron so that's why I don't take them everyday. I eat a little spinach almost everyday to get my iron in.

Right now I take a good quality hypoallergenic multivitamin/mineral, ferrous fumarate 200mg, magnesium 200mg and vit D3 1000u. In the past I have taken 5-HTP, Fibrocare (magnesium & malic acid), vit C, melatonin and a few others but they all made my stomach burn or caused flushing. I am just so sensitive. I am grateful for the ones I can tolerate!

I take fish oil, vitamin B, milk thistle, a multi vitamin and vitamin D.

The vitamin D is the only one I really noticed a difference with. I had these random shocks that would run down my arms; they went away with the vitamin D. But my levels before I started taking supplements were nonexistent, so that's probably the reason it made such a big difference for me.

Hiya,

I take Forceval multivitamin & mineral capsules, Folic acid, Vitamin d & calcium tablets, Ensure drinks (i have a lot of digestive & malabsorption problems due to my GI problems). I also use Nuun salt tablets (that get added to water) and drink between 3-4L of water a day. also eat a lot of salt in my food, but less than i used to before i started on the Nuun tablets. for me, the nuun tablets, in additional to a slightly lower amount of salt loading seems to work better than just the salt loading. they're expensive but seem to be making a difference so far (only been using it for a month or so.... so still playing with the amount of salt & nuun fluid works best, hopefully it'll work even better once i've got the idea amounts :) )

also take peppermint capsules when my tum gets very bloated and drink herbal tea- at the moment i have camomile, dandelion, nettle, peppermint and a mixed tea with lavender in it in my cupboard at the moment and drink one cup of a random tea every morning (i close my eyes and do a lucky dip to pick it :lol: )

fi.

My immunologist pulled me off all vitamins/supplements (was taking calcium citrate + vitamin D3 for osteopenis, Fish oil, folic acid, a skin,hair and nail vitamin and occuvite or luten 50+ for the eyes--high risk, plus magnesuim to help with sleep and migraine prevention). She says I can get everything I need in a single Centrum (nickel free) pill. She'd been pushing this so will do. PCP wasn't crazy about stopping calcium + D3. Am not giving up the magnesium as sleep is hard enough and so are migraines. Otherwise I will give it a go. She thinks it is contributing to significant GI issues and interfering with absorption.

I just ordered Vitamin B12, Vitamin D and Magnesium pills. Maybe they will help me out some, I probably have some Vitamin D deficiency since I have not been in the sun for years, spent last two summers indoors working and live so far north we don't get strong enough sun in the winter to produce vitamin D.

I take 700mg of magnesium, 1000mg calcium, 1000mg vit d, slow release potassium 60meq, liquid sublingual b vitamins, sublingual vit B12 500mg 2x a day, 1500mg vit c, 1/2 tablet of quercitin+ turmeric, acidolpholis, corvalen M(magnesium+malic acid+d-ribose which helps with energy and muscle problems) nordic omega 3 fish oil and evening primrose oil,1/4 of a licorice tablet, DHEA 1/4 of a 25mg tablet 3x a week, 1/2 teasp celtic sea salt in water 2x a day, lots of gatorade and water.

If I take more licorice I have problems with higher blood pressure.

However even with taking all these I still test low on magnesium, sodium, and sometimes potassium and chloride. Dr just gave me a magnesium gel to rub on my arms and legs and that seems to be helping with the muscle pain some..

I take salt tablets and a multi-vitamin. Am going to try L-Lysine for help with pain. I'm also thinking of taking more B vitamins to see if that helps with energy. I take Viactiv chews (chocolate!) for calcium, because I have early-stage osteoporosis.

coq10 seems to help. and also drink the b vit gatoraide juice pouches. they are in the protine isle of the store. extra calories,salt and vitamins..plus they taste a lot like jellow before it gels!!yumm!

Thank kim, how much coQ10 do you take? My multi vit has some in but not sure if it's enough to do anything

Right now I take a good quality hypoallergenic multivitamin/mineral, ferrous fumarate 200mg, magnesium 200mg and vit D3 1000u. In the past I have taken 5-HTP, Fibrocare (magnesium & malic acid), vit C, melatonin and a few others but they all made my stomach burn or caused flushing. I am just so sensitive. I am grateful for the ones I can tolerate!

Thanks for your reply, what does the ferrous fumarate do for you? Glad you can tolerate the supps that you do take. I can empathise!

My PCP is a "integrative" or "fundamental" MD, which means she is just as likely to tell me to get a specific herb, or preparation that contains a variety of herbs, as she is to write a prescription for say, antibiotics. She firmly believes that health is managed beat when you use the best tool for the task at hand. So she has me on:

Boswelia- an anti-inflammatory herb used for GI tract inflamation

Vitamins C, D (10,000 IU per day) folic acid, B12, and acidophilus pearls.

Inflamm-X from metagenics- a powdered drink mix that has complete, highly digestible, nutrient formula to help kind of tide me over when I am too sick to eat.

Sandy