Slow Heart Rates

louloutinks

Hi all,

I have noticed that when I get a slow (well what I call slow) heart rate, it makes me feel quite bad. My breathing gets very slow at the time and I feel a bit nauseous also. I just don't feel right.

My heart rate tonight only went to 57 at its lowest which I know is not that low but I feel pretty rough with it. My resting heart rate is usually around 84.

What causes the HR drop...it this part of pots.

Lou :)

Edit to add, I feel chills with goosie bumps at these times too.

Mine really low I think from my atenlol. It's hard to find the right balance. Too fast without my atenolol, too slow with it. So frustrating!! I feel cruddy too. I get this weird lump in my throat and feel lightheaded. Mine drops to the low 40's.

Brye

I also get nights of extremely slow heart rate. They occur randomly and without any known triggers. Since I've had pots for the last 2 1/2 years it's happened maybe 5 or 6 times. My pulse will go into the mid 50's. Like you my normal resting pulse since pots is in the 80's so mid 50's is very noticeable to me. I don't get nauseous but I do feel extremely sedated like I'm on a big dose of beta blocker even though I'm not. I also noticed on the nights like that I'm completely free of orthostatic symptoms. Besides the sedated feeling I feel 100% normal. Too bad it has only happened a few times! Do you also have no orthostatic symptoms with the slow heart rate? Have you taken your bp during these times? I know low Bp can cause nausea.