Csf Values/results

Friedbrain

I am going back through the last 9 ys of health history, trying to summarize in preparation for a trip to Cleveland Clinic (yippee!), and realized that I actually do have results from one of my two lumbar punctures. (It's amazing how I always notice new details each time I go back over everything!).

At the time, the main concern (and reason for the two lp) was MS, so even though they said the lp was "normal", I'm not sure if the entire thing was (looking at it now) or if they simply meant that it ruled out MS (which it did). So I'd really appreciate it if anyone else had CSF values to compare with and/or input on interpretation and norms.

The CSF sample was colorless and clear (good!), and negative for xanthchromia; also, negative for RBC. BUT the WBC count was "8" (the sheet states that norm range is 010/cumm, but I saw 0-3 in one online ref fwiw; usually, my wbc from my arm runs on the low side, too), with a makeup of 100% lymphs. (no norm listed).

edited based on later report of data: The *serum* glucose was *high* at 160 (norm 70-110), CSF glucose being 89.

Also, there's an IgG measure of 1109 (norm 694-1618 mg/dl). I just found a comment that protein was "normal at 46". There's no mention of the banding/lack of banding of the proteins, but I was told that it wasn't positive for MS because it lacked the banding....

Nothing since then supports MS, but I AM wondering about inflammatory processes and wonder if the WBC and/or glucose results are significant for anything.

Any thoughts? Thanks! Sorry, I know this may not be specifically related to dysautonomia, but I also know that many people here have had MS ruled out (because, like me, of having both central and peripheral NS symptoms), so was hoping some of you might have data and/or knowledge to share with me.

Thank you!!!