I just got a script for Mestinon today. Now that I've read this I'm not so sure I want to try it! Dr. Said to continue taking Midodrine. Hmmm, better break out some warm clothes!

dont go off of someone elses experience... some people do amazing on mestinon and its their miracle drug. we all react so differently to everything, and it could be a great drug for you :)

I have used mestinon - started w/ the pills but really felt weird on them. switched to the liquid version (which I think they make for pediatrics) which allowed more precise dosing and I bulit up slowly to about 25/30mg 3x day. Since being on ivig I have not used it much but I did think it helped. But I did not like the pill version at all.

i've been on mestinon for years and did pretty well on it. though it didn't help me back on my feet again it did a great job regulating body temperature. where i was really really really cold before the mestinon i stayed warm when on it. for me the pills worked for about 3 hours (didn't have a lar version), if i forgot to take the next dosage i got cold again. i built up (slowly) to 120mg 3 times a day.

i never got the sedated feeling you mentioned rama (as far as i remember :) ) and took stomach protecting meds to avoid any more problems (as mestinon is known to cause stomach problems and i had an ulcer before).

dani is right, people react differently to meds so dont go off of others experiences!

• 1 month later...

I guess this thread was interesting because I was writing my initial results from mestonin. Once the side effects settled and they did quite quickly I would say that mestonin has helped in some ways. I have stuck to it for a long period now and Im glad that I did. More details when I get a chance.

• 8 months later...