What Was Your Personality Type Before You Became Ill?

I was thinking about this the other day, how much different i am than i used to be. Wondering if there is any correlation as far as sympathetic, parasympathetic functions in personality types prior to disease onset.

I found a website for a jung/meyers briggs test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I was ENFP

• moderately expressed extravert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality

I started the test, but quit seeing how many questions there were. Maybe that says something about me now!? Before POTS, I would have had no issue with something that long.

I used to be a busy person, enjoyed being involved. Now I don't want to be around hardly anyone except my immediate family.

One thing I'm finding is I've become very creative. I am really looking at life in a new light and finding pleasure and meaning in the little things. I kind of have always been like that, but now it's very pronounced.

lemonsin2lemonade, I also have used my creative side much more since I have gotten pots. Before I was running around everywhere to busy to even use all my talent. Now that I have been forced to slow down and look deep inside I have found so many new ideas. In a way having gotten pots has opened new doors I don't believe I would have found if I hadn't been forced to slow down. I'm so glad for you to have found your new talent. Maybe you could ask a to have one of your pictures shown on the site, I'm sure that would inspire others here to try. Good luck with the drawing I hope it brings you great joy.

Maggie

How interesting! Thanks for providing the test's site. It really fit me to a 't', although I can no longer be nearly as active and I can't work in my chosen profession at this time...I really hope I can go back some day, because being basically house-bound is not in my nature!

Ok... i took that test.... not too long of a test really. This is what it said : INFP : introverted 33% Intuitive: 88% Feeling 25% Perceiving 11 %.

• moderately expressed introvert
  • very expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed feeling personality
  • slightly expressed perceiving personality

Before dysautonomia and as it was worsening..... i was go go go... multi tasker.... i could master anything extremely quickly. I had a huge fancy vocabulary (all that is gone now :( ) I could do many things at once or in a day and do them highly efficient/better than most, can't say so now. I could go days without sleep and go go go , do do do and do well.... those days are gone. I never was a socialite, never prob will be. I tend to stay home, always been that way. I was and still am very competitive. I learned easily.... still do, but i have challenges now. I still have the personality that i want to change the world or have a good hand in changing things that make a difference and in making a stand.

I think over all i've lost the vibrant old me who culd do so much and loved staying busy and being darn good at anything i was put in front of...... i still have alot of me in me, but i can't use it due to all this illness. So, i'd say, i've lost some key parts of 'me' that i miss dearly...... yet, im evolving into something sort of different too...... but i sure wish i could be me before i got sick. I could almost be done with pharmacy school right now. Sigh......

tennille

For me, the same as it's always been: INTJ.

slightly expressed introvert (22%)

moderately expressed intuitive personality (38%)

slightly expressed thinking personality (1%)

distinctively expressed judging personality (67%)

It's been the same every time I've taken the test, starting at about age 10 with my dad and I comparing answers (turns out he's an INTJ too). Apparently it's a pretty common type among scientists, including myself :)

I took this test in grad school and the class joke was that I had no personality.... :D My scores were really low. The big change for me has been physical. I used to be VERY active. Thanks for the link. I am going to take it again now that I am a grown up.

So fun and correct even about my career choices! INFJ

ISTJ. Can't remember what I was back in college when we did this. Not sure how closely this fits me. Especially since they emphasize how "prompt" people in this category are. Anyone who's ever known me would laugh hysterically at THAT concept.

I'm ISFJ

• distinctively expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed sensing personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

I'm essentially introvert and very sensitive/emotional. I've had anxiety since the age of nine.

INFJ now.

I've never taken this before, it's very interesting.

67% intuitive, that's about right.

I can say just from looking back the one big thing that has changed in my personality is anger.

I was never an angry person and I didn't have a temper. Now I will readily admit that I'm angry at the world, at humanity, at what we have done to this earth and each other.

I was never an angry person and I didn't have a temper. Now I will readily admit that I'm angry at the world, at humanity, at what we have done to this earth and each other.

Yes, it is distressing to see what man is doing to man - around the world. However, I'm a student of the Bible and if you believe in the prophecies found in it - it talks of these things happening in the time period that we're living at 2 Timothy 3:1-5. But, the Bible also speaks of a time when these things will be no more in Revelation 21:4. I'm looking forward to that day!

Issie

Yes, it is distressing to see what man is doing to man - around the world. However, I'm a student of the Bible and if you believe in the prophecies found in it - it talks of these things happening in the time period that we're living at 2 Timothy 3:1-5. But, the Bible also speaks of a time when these things will be no more in Revelation 21:4. I'm looking forward to that day!

Issie

I agree that it is really hard to see what has happened to mankind and what we've done to this planet! I also look forward to the time when we live in peace and harmony on this earth, with each other and with the planet, as was originally intended! Then we won't have any reason for anger, or fear, or illness! And then we'll get to see what our personalities are like unmarred by the injustice that surrounds us now...